shenade
11 years ago
i am very interested to hear the outcome of your situation...as we booked premium service at croydon office for my hubby's ILR appliation,   we made our payment and after waiting around for hours  were told to go home due to an IT failure...that was 9 days ago  and we cannot get any information or answers to what is happening with our application,  we left all passports and documentation with their office!!!!!
Sponsor

benbeaton
  • benbeaton
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
I'm sorry to hear about your delay. We left our documentation and passports at the office on the Monday evening at about 5.30pm and I got a call at 11am on the Wednesday. The biometric card then arrived on the Friday, so it was all very quick. 

I had told them at the time that we urgently needed the documentation back asap as we had travel plans in 12 days time (which was the truth!) which I think meant we got put to the top of the pile. I know that they have had lots of these IT glitches so there could be quite a backlog. 

Good luck. 
benbeaton
  • benbeaton
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
Hello - I have posted on here before and got a very helpful response. I'm hoping someone can offer some guidance. 

My wife is on FLR(M) and the two year period comes to an end 19 May. We have travel plans booked for the next few months so we booked the premium service for the Monday before the visa expired. Last week I received a text message from UKBA saying that due to IT problems the appointment has been cancelled and that I need to rebook. 

I have gone online and there are no available slots. I have called (and am currently on hold) but cannot get through to anyone. 

So I have two questions. 

1) does anyone know of a better way to get through and book an appointment?
2) If I use settlement checking service at a Local Authority my understanding is that they will give me back all our travel docs except for the biometric card (as this gets reissued with the new visa). The UKBA website says that: 

What is my immigration status while my application is being decided? Close If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. If your existing visa or other permission to stay here allows you to work, you can continue to do so until your case is decided.

Does this mean that we can still travel on just the passport?

Any help would be much appreciated! 

Thanks.