charles5480
11 years ago
Hello guys, pls I want to know more about the six documents required for Spouse visa to ILR. Should they be from 1st month of issue upto 24 months of expiry? That is a lot of documents. Please could somebody with eperience help with more explanation. Thanks
Sponsor

marufahmed
11 years ago
Hi
These 6 documents are required to show your cohabitation with your wife at the same address. So, you may produce 1) Council tax letters 2) original utility bills 3) Bank statements 4) HMRC letters 5) GP letters 6) TV licence
The letters cover last 2 years. If you cannot produce letters to both of you, you may produce letters to you and your wife separately but to the same address.
Only 6 letters, I guess that's not A LOT. 
Best wishes
Maruf
lifeintheuktest
11 years ago
I have to apply for ILR through SET (O) form and I have some queries regarding Set (O) dependent (spouse) eligibility criteria. 

Entered UK on WP with family and Switched to Tier 1 with family after 6 months. Extended Tier 1 Visa 16 months back together with family.

Summary of Family’s Stay in UK – 

Initial Stay in UK = 22 months
Outside UK = 16 months
Inside UK = 19 months (till date)
Total Stay of family with me in UK = 22 + 19 months = 41 months (3.5 years) 
Total Stay of family outside UK = 16 months (in between). 
I also visited India for short duration to meet my family 2-3 times during 16 months. 

My queries are – 

1. Is my spouse eligible to apply ILR with me based on above info? 

2. If yes, Do we need to submit the cohab docs for 2 years or 19 months or 16 months (since last approval of Leave to remain, as per SET (O) form)?

3. If No, Can my spouse stay in UK on Tier 1 dependent without applying FLR or any other VISA (Assuming my ILR will be approved)?

Thanks in advance for your kind and timely help.