charles5480
11 years ago

Dear Friend,

To start with, are you on 2 years spouse probationary visa? If yes. Have you have a regular contact with him for the qualifying period with evidence? e.g If you normally go by bus then, then contact TFL to send you your traveling details for the past two or more years. Also call your phone service provider to send your calling records to cover the past two years and send it as your supporting evidence that you are still in love and residing in the UK. You still have a chance but my worry is that He has got a criminal record.

Hope this Helps?

Goodluck.

Sponsor

mariahbel
  • mariahbel
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
Anonymous thank you very much for you reply I am a bit reassured now. I will contact my phone company to send me the phone bills but I normally go by taxi so it will be difficult to get proof but the prison officers keep records of visitors so I will ask them. Also I have lots of my partners letters to me.

My major concern is that I don't know the rules/ law that applies to prisoners wife, I hope they treat my application the same as others.

Oh and when you say you worry he's got a criminal conviction is it on the basis of my application or our relationship? He's inside because of a bar fight but he's not a trouble maker.
charles5480
11 years ago

I have seen many application refused because their sponsor has got criminal records. Fighting is a public or domestic violence which is a crime and the fact that he has been sentenced complicate matters a bit. Your relationship is geniune, Two years residency requirement will be used to decide your application. Dont tell lies, athough his letters to your address has proven that you have lived together but it will be a disaster if you are cought. Give him his part of the application to sign, he should also write a leter and sign it to confirm that he is still your husband. If you are not not given ILR the will give you another FLR

Goodluck

mariahbel
  • mariahbel
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
Anonymous thanks again so incase they want to give me another FLR what will happen to the fees because I will pay for ILR which is like £991 but FLR is like £500 and something. Does that mean I will lose the rest of the money?

Thanks for your help
reynolds
11 years ago

hi

yes you do lose out on the rest of the money. it is a risk you have to take.

mariahbel
  • mariahbel
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago

Hi,
Can someone please help with advise here.
My partner is British and we have been married for two years now but he has been in jail for a year and we have not lived together for all of the two years.

Now I went to apply for indefinite Leave to remain in person and they asked me to go and send my application by post as it is not straight forward.

They explained to me that one of the requirements was for us to have lived together for the whole of the two years.

My question is do we have to have live together? I thought if we have kept contact and intern to stay married then that's ok.

I guess am just worried that they can decide to extern my stay instead until he comes out and we complete the two years which will be too long. Can they do that?

Please advise,
Thanks