mrlookforward
10 years ago

No, you cannot apply for PR in 2014. If you do, it will be a straight refusal. For durable relationship cases, the residence is counted from the date you were granted residence. So, you have to wait full 5 years from the issue date of your residence card.

The situation would have been different if you were married according to the UK law from the beginning. Your muslim marriage has no legal value in United Kingdom. You are now married according to UK law, but that cannot turn the clock backwards to enable you to count the residence from an earlier date.

Just imagine you have a car and no insurance, and you have an accident.  If  you get insurance after the accident, you cannot claim for an accident that happened in the past.

Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Hi mr lookforward

Thank you very much for your reply and also your good explanations.

Please another questions.

1. should i apply PR when my residence finish or  28 days before it  finishes

the residence issue is 01-09-2010 01-09-2015.

2.My dutch travel document has expired can I apply travel document at the homeoffice or dutch embassy do I have that two options because i am confused where to apply.

regards

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Another question please  i was reading at Home office website  about comprehensive sickness insurance do i need or had i needed past four years i lived in the UK. Because i don't have any about this if my husband treats his rights do i have to have one if  it is  yes i wast all these years for nothing.

Thanks in advance

mrlookforward
10 years ago

You can apply 28 days early if your application is under immigration rules. But you are under eea regulations, so UK immigration rules do not apply. You make your application when you have finished your full five years.  You must stop reading any information on UKBA website about immigration rules. Immigration rules simply do not apply. You must only and only look at the information about european nationals and their family members. Also please keep in mind that it is not necessary for you to apply for PR even after the expiry date shown on the residence card. If you want, you can apply for citizenship 6 years after the date of issue shown on your residence card, without ever applying for PR on form eea4.  If your spouse gets British Citizenship when you have complete 5 years on your residence card, then you too can apply for citizenship after 5 years and will not have to wait for 6 years. Keep in mind your all your residence period I am mentioning have to start from the date your residence card was issued.

Travel documents are altogether a different and complicated story in themselves. What kind of Dutch travel document do you actually have? Also can you ask all queries together rather than coming up with bits and bobs at intervals?

regards

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Hi  mr lookforward

I would like to ask you question please  about qualifying period for  PR  next year I will be in UK five years with my EEA national and he is working from 2009 till now my residence card runs out 2015 can i apply in 2014 if i have evidence.

history

i came 21-06-2009 with six months visitor visa

i obtained residence card as durable relationship we were married but as our Islamic married  Now, we married in UK law last year is there any chance i can apply in 2014

thanks in advance