r@hotmail.com.1330535428
17 years ago

£655?? On the website it says £575 per application but it doesn't say anywhere the cost if you apply with your spouse. The old fee was £200 plus £68 for the citizenship ceremony and £336 for 2 applicants. Does anyone know if there is actually a joint application fee? The test has changed as far as I know. Just do the tests online and you will be fine.

Sponsor

gotmail@btconnect.com.1330535432
16 years ago
"Husband and wife or civil partners living together who apply at the same time for naturalisation pay one joint fee of £735*"

"*The sum of £80 per applicant will be refunded if the application is unsuccessful or withdrawn and you are not invited to a citizenship ceremony"

This information taken from leaflet "Fees for Nationality and Right of Abode applications - Applicable from 1 April 2007" Issued by Home Office Border and Immigration Agency. It is stated on this form that "This leaflet has no legal authority an an interpretation of the British Nationality Act 1981 or the Fees Regulations made under this Act. It is intended merely as a guide"!!!
pinks
  • pinks
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
16 years ago
Hello people,im just wondering if anybody can help me. I phoned the home office today about the cost of applying for British Naturalisation,and its £655 ...i know its so expensive!!!!!!what a rip off..... It unfortunetly started today the cost! anyway im due to have my test this week on Thursday and i only studied the chapter 2,3 and 4 of the book. Im just making sure they havent change the test yet????