DANDYG2002@YAHOO.COM.1330535431
16 years ago

WHEN IS THE EARLIEST YOU CAN TAKE THE TEST? I THOUGHT IT WAS VALID FOR INDEFINIT PERIOD.

SAM 

Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
16 years ago

Hello,

OK, here is what I read about when to take the test.  They say a person should take the test when they are ready for naturalization or settlement.  As long as you feel ready to do so.  The test results are valid for an indefinite period of time.  The Home Office will keep the test results for a reasonable time.  They don't really say what a reasonable time is to them.  They say not to take the test too early, but then again they don't really say what is too early, 3 months, 6 months or what.

Take the test when you're ready to do the naturalization or settlement, do everything all at one time, then you don't have to worry about it & you'll be all situated. 

DANDYG2002@YAHOO.COM.1330535431
16 years ago

Hi there

Thanx for the reply. I thought there might be someone who knows what is "reasonable time" and what is "too early".

Mike

irispink@wildmail.com.1256680559
16 years ago

Hello,

I have only been in the UK for a little over one year.  I can't take the test for 2 more years.  Is there a possiblity that the test, book, price & visa rules will change or will hopefully stay the same so I can get this over with?

Ellen