malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
I called and found out that they cannot  "CANNOT" charge you more then £34 as this is set by Home Office.  I called  0800 77 1234

Complaint Procedure:
Speak to the centre Manager and if you cannot resolve it report them to Home Office.  Most likely they are not a reputable centre but I wish you had written their centre location I would have spoke to them by now.

Sponsor

drrubyinayat@yahoo.com.1330535426
17 years ago

many thanks

I have just written contact number for that centre.

Will cancel my test at that centre surely.

will try to talk to manager too.

Regards

17 years ago

I have cancelled my test at that centre as they never called back to verify the test fee which they are charging is £40 at their centre.I wrote that centre's name and their contact number?just to let others not to take test with them or NOT TO PAY MORE THAN £34 ...

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
I sent them an e-mail yesterday asking them politely about fees and extra £6 they are charging.  Did not get any e-mail from them so I wrote them again today that I would really appreciate if they can clarify or justify thier extra £6. No answer yet, next e-mail will be to Home Office and I will cc them just to let them know that I have given them an opportunity to clarify it.

If anyone has time and can call them to see if they have been charging the Home Office set fee then I think we have educated them. If they say that the fee is £40 then I suggest that you tell them that you will report their office to Home Office and please do write a simple letter to Home Office or at least call that 0800 number to complain about them.

Waheed

17 years ago

I did called  this wednesday to confirm about test fee and even old them whay i was cancelling test but... you have seen they are not that responsible.

The course co-ordinator said he will call back to verify fee,but he never

did. Will definitly make inform to Home Office .

If they do not follow national guidelines should we name them and let

others know not to book test with them? 

Many thanks for kind reply.

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
I will give them opportunity to respond and next week when I have time, I will also give them a call but if they don't get their act together we should name their centre and report to Home office. I don't think it is illegal to report to the authorities or to your friends if someone is not following guidelines.

You can surely tell about your own experience and I will tell mine.  I can only tell if I call and they quote me fee of £40 so I will wait till I give them a call and find out from them.  I can't just use your information, it will be just hear say in legal term and I am not really a solicitor.

Another opinion is that because they are not following the set guidelines; therefore, it becomes our duty to inform others if someone is taking their advantage.

17 years ago

could you please let me know how to complain about variations in test fees in different centres ?whom should i write to in homeoffice?

its very unfair if we are charged for the use of headphones too..what next!

i have canceled my test appointment with that centre but would like to highlight this issue for others' benefit!

thanks