malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
I think Wendy is referring to the statement that was mad ein Nationality Application Stages.  I think P Pron also pointed that out to me and I was trying to get this clarified. I request Admin to change the statement to reflect what Wendy has pointed out. I am not in my home town so I don't have access to my original document but admin has all the information. Please change it.

Thanks to P Pron and Wendy to point this out.

Waheed

Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
17 years ago
I've updated the document.

Regards,

E Fidan
Administrator

miewafoh@yahoo.co.uk.1330535427
17 years ago
Solve this for me :I came in  2002( married to ILR ),got my ILR in 2003. Pass my life in the uk test this year, 2006.Now, when do i apply for Neutral? Now or complete the five year from 2002. thank you. 
paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
I hope you don't apply for "Neutral" at all!! smile

If you are married to a British citizen, then you can apply for naturalisation after three years UK residence - so you would have able to apply last year, or any time since.

If you wife is not a British citizen, you need to wait until you have been here for five years - eg 2007, in your case.

paul

waatri@hotmail.com.1330535426
17 years ago

Your statement:

1. You have completed Three (3) years after your Marriage & first Entry or Five (5) years after your first entry.

...made me uncomfortable, as it has the words "three years after your marriage" in it.
I rang the Home Office though, and it was confirmed to me that this statement is not correct. In fact it is "3 years after first entry if you are married to a British citizen".

The difference being that your way of saying it indicates that you should have lived in the UK for 3 years following your marriage. Which suggests that if you got married within the last 3 years, you would not qualify. This is not the case. You can apply now if even if you only got married yesterday, as long as you have lived in the UK for 3 years or more.

Just thought I'd let you know in case you want to change this statement on your website.

#Cheers,

Wendy Anne