naz_1001@yahoo.com.1330535430
16 years ago

Im abit confused...what is the ceromony for? I have just passed the Life in the UK test and wil be applying for my indefinate leave.

Is the ceronmoy for when you apply for naturalisation? As i have read you can apply for naturalisation after a 12 month period in the 'indefinate leave' category has elapsed. That would make it three years in total as i am on a spouse visa. When i am finally eligable to apply for naturalisation what will i need to do? What documents etc do they require. As i understand there are no more tests involved.

Sorry, its just that i phoned the home office and they werent very helpful! I just want to get ahead of myself, as i wasnt aware of the whole indefinate leave process, which resulted in a lpt of last minute panic..this is precisly what i wish to aviod with the naturalisation!

Any comments would be gratefully recieved.

Thank you!

Sponsor

arsh786@live.com.1330535428
16 years ago

hahaha.... lolzzz.. John, its so funny...

so  sorry about ur folded "nearly" half !!!  Certificate

niwamoto@msn.com.1330535427
16 years ago

Hello there,

Everything went OK thanks to your wonderful site.  I do not need to fill in any more forms or prepare for tests but still enjoy visiting this site.

I passed my test Nov 06, waited 3 weeks for NCS appointment, my application was approved on 8th Jan 07 but did not received any acknoledgement letters (beware!)  After a complain to IND by phone (actually they were quite nice), I received a letter from HO but they put me to a wrong local council for the ceremony. (I could not believe it.)  Fiasco continued; HO sent me the "correct" letter by courier and as a consequence, I had to rearrange delivery, stayed at home waiting, waiting... for 2 days! (2nd class mail could have been faster?!)  Then I had to wait another 2 months to "win" a place for the ceremony.

Some people complain about the "extra" ceremony fee but I got my certificate nicely framed in a posh mahogany coloured frame, free tea/coffee (even some bickies!).

I had to take my beautifully framed certificate out of the gorgeous frame and send it to the Passport Office.  Do you know what they have done ?  They folded my beautiful certificate in "nearly" half !!! (shame)

I received my UK passport 10 days later but had to wait for 3 weeks to get my British daughter's passport renewed.  The reason : because they wanted to know what other passports she has had.  (BTW, it is true that if your signature is out of the frame, your application will certainly be rejected.  It happened to my friend.)

My advice for you all.  Be patient.  They are b**k**s.

With my best wishes to you all.

John

PS Life in the UK test still £34?  Wow, it's a bargain.