lifeintheuktest
12 years ago

Don't worry, it should be some time before they release a totally new book. Having said that they can (and perhaps will) change the numbers in the book on each impression.

E Fidan
Administrator

Sponsor

redsquirrel
12 years ago
Hi Daniella,

According to the Census 2011 website the first results should be published in July 2012. Even if the Home Office get access to the data pre-publication it should be a while before they update the study materials with it.

That said, David Cameron suggested in his recent speech on immigration that citizenship/ILR would be reviewed later in 2011. This could mean significant changes to applications and the test, but again it should be some time before changes filter through to the test.

I hope this helps
George
www.lifeintheuk.net

supersquirrel
12 years ago
Thank you and yes, that makes sense to change the numbers... I'm sure there are 'plenty' of changes since the last census.
supersquirrel
12 years ago
Hey George smile

Very reassuring news indeed. I figured it would be awhile, but one never knows since everything seems to change over here on a daily basis.

Yep, know Cameron's take on immigration, but like you both said, it will be awhile, so not going to 'fret'. Just take the test and pass, that's all that matters.

Cheers approve
ashraf.loskor@yahoo.com.1348168339
12 years ago
very much assuring. also i heard from a trusted source that the homeoffice referred to the official study material information to answer the test questions even if there's any change in legislation etc.

thanks.
ash
supersquirrel
12 years ago
how long before they change the 'test' due to the census we just took in March? I'm taking the test in the Summer/Fall and I don't want to have studied, only to find out we need to study more chapters OR the entire book has been revised. Not that it would be a bad thing, I just want to make sure I'm totally prepared. Thanks for any info. smile