logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrlookforward  
#1 Posted : 29 February 2012 10:59:57(UTC)
mrlookforward

Groups:

You cannot apply for British passport as you are not a British Citizen. Having ILR does not entitle you ever to get a British passport.
Sponsor
vimal  
#2 Posted : 29 February 2012 16:48:40(UTC)
vimal

Groups:

Thank you for the reply. Sorry guess should have been more clear on that aspect. I am married to a british citizen and have been here for 4 years ....was in a spouse visa for 2 years and this Jan applied for my ILR so now i can apply for my British passport. as i qualify the residential period. (3 yrs if i am married to a british citizen)

But all i want to know is about the CRB checks since i got my ILR in Jan i should be clear right? i shouldnt face any problems in that respect am i correct in assuming that?

Thanks...please help its killing me
vimal
vimal  
#3 Posted : 23 April 2012 13:08:40(UTC)
vimal

Groups:

Sorry i am not bumping this.But any one any idea?

mrlookforward  
#4 Posted : 16 May 2012 18:40:36(UTC)
mrlookforward

Groups:

any idea about what?
what exactly is your query?
vimal  
#5 Posted : 17 May 2012 10:21:26(UTC)
vimal

Groups:

Hi Mr Lookforward,

Thank you for showing interest :).

Well basically my query (though might be stupid) is :

I got my ILR this Jan and i can apply for my British Passport. My query is if i had got my ILR they should have checked my criminal records etc right in jan? so if i apply for my british passport now i should be ok-provided i have not done any criminal activites from Jan to now? i am right in assuming this?

Thank You, would be great to get an answer just that i am a bit worried about a delayed payment i had. i got a credit report and there are no CCJ's in it. this payment issue was in 2007. Though my report says ok i am a bit worried.

Thanks again
vimal

mrlookforward  
#6 Posted : 18 May 2012 17:01:20(UTC)
mrlookforward

Groups:

Delayed payment is not a conviction. Its simply a matter between you and whoever you owe money. A conviction is when a court pronounces you guilty. Do not worry about a missed payment, it has nothing to do with naturalisation. Just forget about it and apply as normal.

regards
simdick  
#7 Posted : 09 October 2013 19:47:05(UTC)
simdick

Groups:

Hi mr lookforward -

I'm a British Citizen and want to apply for a passport but have a criminal record, yes for possession of dagga. Really want to see my family again, will it be a major issue ? -

charles5480  
#8 Posted : 10 October 2013 22:57:27(UTC)
charles5480

Groups:

what is dagga please?

vimal  
#9 Posted : 10 October 2013 22:57:27(UTC)
vimal

Groups:

Hi Guys,

i recently got my ILR (Jan 2012). And eligible for applying for my British passport. My query is with regards to CRB checks the HO will do. I mean; they should have checked all my records and made sure i was on the clear when i applied for the ILR right? so can i assume when i apply for my British passport on that front i should be ok? right? of course provided i have not done anything wrong after Jan 2012 (which i havent).:)

Please clarify.

Thank you
vimal 
Rss Feed  Atom Feed