mrlookforward
10 years ago
Now, I am not too sure about the precise working of this, but as far as I can recall, she will have to spend 10 years from when this new visa was granted, not from when she first arrived in UK. You can read the documents carefully and check yourself.

She has been put on 10 years settle route. She now has got 30 months visa. She will have to apply for further 30 months visas three more times. After this she can apply for ILR. I will look into this matter further and confirm all this, when I have some free time to my hands.

But I can assure you that there is going to be a very long time, I mean a long time indeed before she gets ILR.

regards

Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Hi,

Just looking for some advice please, I am to blame for the situation that we are in. I applied for my wife’s FLR(M) in FEB 2013 before her spouse visa expired, as she came to UK late (birth of first child in Pakistan). I only supplied Life in UK test certificate rather than English Test certificate, so on 12/04/13 case worker rightly refused FLR as partner but granted limited leave for 30 months due to our second child`s birth in UK Dec 2012, and according to the letter that came from case worker, my wife will not be able to apply for Indefinite Leave until she has spent 10 years in UK, so until than, we will have apply for Limited leave every 30 month until 120 months spent in UK.

Is there any way around this?
Does my wife still have to get English Test certificate before applying for another 30 months limited visa in 2015? OR can we apply for ILR after 30 months with English Test Certificate?
What form will we use to apply for extension every 30 months?(so I can start collecting documents from now).

Thanks