lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

Hi everyone, 

I have been reviewing some of the interesting threads and still have two questions. I would be grateful if I can get your advice:

THE FACTS:

• I am a non-EEA national, married to an EEA national on 1 July 2009. 

• I came to the UK as an expat in September 2008, initially with a work permit and then moved to a residence card after our marriage in July 2009. Right after the marriage my wife came to live in London too and started working in September 2009. I applied for my residence card (giving up the accrued time under the work permit scheme) in mid September 2009 and I got the sticker on my passport dated 20 October 2009.

• My wife is still working for the same employer. That is also my case.

THE QUESTIONS:

• 5 years ago, when I had to apply for my Residence Card, we found in one of the forums a recommendation to file my EEA2 application, together with an EEA1 application from my wife so the case was looked faster given the stricter terms for response. That was the case and we got our passports back in less than 2 months. Do you think this is still the case and tactically we should apply for permanent residence together again?

• As mentioned in the facts, my wife started working in mid September 2009 and I applied for the residence card immediately. Should I count the 5 years from (a) the date she started working, and therefore exercising her treaty rights; (b) the date they received my application back in mid September 2009; or (c) the date of my residence card?

• I travelled for work a lot, I have never surpassed 180 days in a calendar year but in a couple of years I have been close. Again, 80% of the trips are for business of an UK corporate body. I understand I need to detailed every absence from the country (I am planning to enclose a table) but not sure if my company needs to certify those dates I have been away on business. Same situation happens with my wife.

I appreciate your responses and thanks in advance for any help.

Bernard

Sponsor