nitinpc16@gmail.com.1330536373
14 years ago
same was case with me, i went to swiss for couple of days and i got my ILR without any issues,so i believe in your case you don't need to worry
Sponsor

rc_sekaran@yahoo.com.1330536374
14 years ago
Hi Nit Cho

Thank you very much for your reply.

If the caseworker at PEO accepts this, then I should get ILR as you said.

If not then I'm planning to show my payslip as a proof that I got paid for the whole month during that period, so I was here.

Do you think this will work as 'plan B', if they say no at first instance?

Cheers
Engineer

m.amir@soton.ac.uk.1307786909
14 years ago
Saarang,
A missing stamp is the last thing that you need to worry about. As long as you put down all the entry and exit dates on the application form, you should be fine. And yes, make use of the 'further information' section on your application form to explain your issues. The officer will go through that information and then you wont have to give any further reasoning. If everything is all right, then they normally ask you to return back in a few hours to collect your passport. This is the time when they cross check all the info that you have put down on your application. Hopefully, you should be fine and Good Luck!
Amir
14 years ago
Hi Amir

Thank you for the reply and wishes. Yes,as you suggested, I am putting down all my exit and entry dates for my overseas travel.

But there is no 'further information' section in ILR form. I am afraid such section is only available in FLR forms.

In the absence of a further info' section,would you suggest me to write a covering letter? I am worried whether this will unnecessarily make the PEO staff to ask me to prove my date of exit from UK to Swiss?

I am very confused, for a fault of not my own.

My employer(same employer) letter says I have been continuously working for 5 years and I have 5 P60s and 5 years pay slips. Don't know will these evidences be enough for PEO?

Saarang

14 years ago
I completely understand your concern. I think the ideal thing would be to put all the entry and exit dates including those which havent been stamped. Take as much documentation with you in case you have to show them, such as your P60's etc. Hopefully, that should be enough!
Amir
14 years ago
Hi Nit Cho and Amir

Thank you for all your advices. I got the ILR on Monday. It was so quick that they took my application for consideration at 10:00am and told me that they are issuing ILR at 10:35am and I got my ILR stamped PP at 11:10am!!!

I am very happy.

Thank you both and the advices from this forum.

Cheers
Saarang
14 years ago
Congratulations Saarang! Well Done
14 years ago
Thanks Amir!!!
14 years ago
Hi

As I am completing 5 years on work permit+Tier 2, I will be eligible to apply for ILR next month and I have a PEO appointment for ILR.

Sometime in 2005, I travelled twice to Switzerland for 3 days and 4 days respectively. When you travel to Swiss from UK they(neither UK nor Swiss) don't stamp on your passport. So I don't have record on my passport that I left UK on a particular date. But when I returned to UK they stamped on my Passport, so I have returned dates stamped on my passport on both the occasions.

while mentioning my absences from UK in my ILR application, I will be mentioning the date I left UK to Swiss and the date I returned (4+3 days) to UK.

Now the questions is,

1)Will this be a problem in getting my ILR? I believe if the Swiss immigration officers didn't stamp(as I came from UK), there is nothing I can do about it right?

Could anyone answer my questions please?

Cheers

Engineer
nitinpc16@gmail.com.1330536373
14 years ago

Hi saarnag,

Congratulations for getting ILR