• ripbob
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hi My situation is that we have lived together for 7 years(3 of them married) in thailand. Last year we applied and received a spouse visa. However I subsequently find that you automatically qualify for immediate ILR if married for 4 years or more (importantly living as man and wife under the same roof/not married.)
With this in mind, is the application for ILR the same as the previous spouse visa here in Bangkok. We have obtained extra papers to show length of relationship and my wife has passed the 'life in the Uk test' while last visiting the Uk. Thanks

12 years ago

Dear Sir,

Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE) is open to the applicants married for four years or more abroad prior to their entry to the UK.

Immigration and Legal Advisory Services ILAS (LLP) is an immigration firm based in London offering services such as legal advice and representations to UKBA and Tribunals.

Should you need professional assistance or advice at any stage of the process, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We can assist with entry to the UK, extension of stay, permanent residency, regularization of stay and citizenship. We also have an extensive experience in removal and deportation cases and can request for administrative review/reconsideration of decisions, appeals, process applications outside of the rules based on compassionate ground and offer assistance to those in detention.

Our devoted and fully qualified team of in-house lawyers and ex immigration officers, experienced caseworkers and advocates caters for corporate and private immigration applicants and appellants both in the United Kingdom and worldwide.

Please visit our website at for detailed information about our services.

You may also ring us on (44) (0) 208 539 6611 or alternatively email us on or

Kind regards,                                                                                                            

Sylwia Wawrzynczak

On behalf of ILAS (LLP)