malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
One of the IND rule is that you should not be out of the country for more then 90 days in LAST 12 MONTHS. In your case I would wait and apply next year.  Again this is not hard and fast rule so if you have a good reason to be out of the country they might accept your application and approve it. Call thier number at the Nationality division and ask for advice.  If you can contact a solicitor or Citizen Advisory Beureau in your area that will also help.

If you are applying on the 5 year basis make sure your total absence from the country is not more than 450 days total, this is reduced to 270 if you apply on three year (Marriage) basis.

Hope this helps
Sponsor

lora7_1000@yahoo.co.uk.1330535424
17 years ago

Hi

I think you are entitle to applay.

From 2 August to 5 November are 94 days (29+30+4). The first (2 August) and the last (5 November) are not count.

It is acceptable up to 100 days (read the guide for applicants, page 20).

Good luck, Lora

lkbabies@gmail.com.1330535424
17 years ago

Dear All

Thanx for your valuable suggestions and just quick note.

I got my PR (family also) as a stright forward case (workpermit/same company/ still no job change). It just took 5mts for that.

I went to india on re-training for new project (expected 45 days) but suddenly my father hospitalised. So I went to native place to be with paretns subsequently could not able to complete training. after back to UK I completed here and got all certifications (total 3). does this real fact helps me to cover that.  as i can show these ones .

Regards

Rao

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
Like I mentioned before that 90 days rule is not hard and fast rule.  They can bend it and in your case I believe you have a valid reason.  Home office is not out to get anyone, they just don't want people to abuse condition. The reason they provide citizenship is for people to live in this country and contribute to the society. Make sure you do mention this in your cover letter.

I do suggest that you talk to Home Office and if you can to the Citizen Advisory Bureau.  try to get as much advice as you can.
17 years ago
I would like to say thanq to Facilitator of this web site as
me & My wife used this site last 7days and today morning we both able to complete test in 6 minutes time (including revision). I have to appreciate Life In The UK Test website and they were the really people behind this success.
Once again thanq very much...
PR RAO
17 years ago
Hi
I am planning to apply for Naturalisation and Do I need to send photographs along with Naturalisation application as I have not seen any info related to that in Naturalisation Guide ?
Many Thanks In advance
Rao PR
malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago

When I applied for my nationalization, I was also unable to find any Photograph requirement.  I believe they look at your passport and with other document and approve it.

So far there is no requirement for it that I know of, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure you check - and - recheck your application for all the other requirements and follow it thoroughly. If you can afford it use the Nationality Checking Service.  You will get your original documents returned to you same day when you apply and may be your application will be approved quickly. Nationality Checking Service will also be able to answer your questions on the spot, such as if you need a picture or not.

Good Luck

17 years ago

please clarify me.

I am here since 30-Apr-2001 and got PR (family also) 30th Mar2005.

planning to apply for Naturalisation on 16th July since my family joined me  on 15th July 2001.

now the question is I was out of country btw 2-aug-2005 to 5-11-2005

and my family re-joined on 2-dec-2005.

as it is more than 90days for me and can I apply for Naturalisation ?

thanx in advance

Rao