paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
If you want to leave the country, I think you are going to need to get the stamp in your passport, in order to get back into UK.

You won't be British until after your application has been granted, and you have participated in a citizenship ceremony. So, without the stamp, when the time comes to return to UK, you will simply be an Indian citizen without a visa, and you won't even be allowed to board the flight....

Sorry!

paul
Sponsor

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
I think I got all part of your question except you did not mention anything about the letter that Home Office send you when they mark your passport for ILR. This letter can also work as a proof of residency in case you don't have the passport.

If you don't have the Home office letter I believe you have to cough up 500 for the same day service.

aaryaadi@yahoo.co.uk.1170685012
17 years ago

hi,

i acquired indefinitely leave to remain here in sept 2002. my husband and two kids(born here) got there british passport just last week. i gave the 'life in the uk test' on jun 10th and passed the same with the help of your brilliant website. thanks to you. but unfortunately i lost my  indian passport.  now the problem is because the home office have asked me too prove that i was here for the last three years. they have asked to produce 1. employers letter, 2. educational institutions letter, 3. inland revenue dept., insurance letter, 4. p60 forms ,5. any otherdocuments showing i lived in the uk for the qualifying period of last three years. 

being a house wife i do not have any of the above mentioned  to prove, so the home office asked me to get a GP'S letter saying i was here for the past three years, which i hopefully  will get today from the GP. 

now that i have applied and recd my new indian passport, and i have to travel immediately to india as my grandmother is not well. i am confused whether i can directly apply for the naturalisation( using the ncs) and travel. but what when i am coming back from india on my new passport with no visa stamped or  no pr stamped. or if,  as the home office people told me i can go for the no time limit stamp which will cost 500 £ for the same day service  at PEO office. my question is do i need to go for the PEO office for the ntl stamp on indian passport and apply for the naturalisation at ncs or i do not need the ntl coz i am applying for the naturalisation?  

i have got all the other documents with me except the proof of my stay here from past three years. please help me with your suggestions. your help will be very much appreciated. thanking you

aarya adi

aaryaadi@yahoo.co.uk.1170685012
17 years ago

hi,

thanks for your reply to my question of ntl or naturalisation mr. waheed and mr.p.pron .well now i have applied for the ntl as i was told by one of theIND advisors that its no use going for the peo (for 500£) as i do not have a straight forward appication( no proof of stay for the past three years).

i did submit the letter from the gp stating that i regularly visited the surgery since i first registered with the gp in 2000jun till date. the home office letter stating my ILR given in AUG 2002. i also sent some more documents like the 'life in the uk test' result dt. 10 jun 2006. my crb check document which i got  when i worked as volunteer in a school for a few weeks. also my husband and sons naturalisation certificate dt 18 .05.2006. along with my new indian passport and photocopy of the police report andphotocopy of the lost passport.

on the website there is some info regarding applications treated as urgent only in case of family illness abroad. as my grandmother is  not well i have asekd the dr to sent a fax to me which i can forward to the home office.  on the website it says i need to fax a letter from the dr stating the reason in english.  

I have sent the application by special delivery yesterday, i do not know how long it may take. if you have any suggestions please let me know. your suggestions are of great help for taking decisions.

thanks

aarya aadi