paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

Sorry Tina - this isn't really my area of expertise - I'm a lot better at nationality than I am at immigration. Perhaps someone else can offer a suggestion?
best of luck

paul

Sponsor

blertasyla22@hotmail.com.1330535427
17 years ago

Dear Paul or anyone who can help me

I was wondering of someone can give me advise on my husband case, he has joined me living here under marriage visa. However over the last two years he has travelled back hom to Eastern Europe several times more than 9 months over 2 years because of his remaining studies left over there.

My concerns are will be able to apply for ILR when his two years come next month and will there be any problems when he applies for citizienship in next year.

I would appriciate your advise very much.

Thank you

Tina

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
In my opinion applying for ILR will not be a problem but Citizenship have more strict requirements and may require him to wait extra year or so. Do you have all entries marked in the passport in and out of UK?

If not, you will have to keep a log of it separately. I attached a paper and logged everytime I went in and out of UK. There were three occasion where they did not make any entry in my passport when I passed immigration. (One time in Germany and twice in UK)

Waheed