paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
I really think it is just a question of reading the list of documents required, that appears towards the end of Guide AN(NEW), which I assume you got with the application form.

If something isn't listed in there as being needed, then it isn't needed....

paul

Sponsor

ellassa_liu@hotmail.com.1330535427
17 years ago

Hi, Paul

Many thanks for your reply. I have read the guide which you mentioned above. However, it is so confusing as it mentioned that if a person who is applying on basis of marriage to a British only need to supply 2 documents not including the letter from employer, but at the same time, it also mentioned that if a person who is applying on basis of residence(5years normal or 3 years marriage) need to supply the letter from employer or lawyer...

Can someone clarify this for me?

Many thanks in advance,

Ellassa

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

Hi Eliassa!

I think you are misreading this paragraph:

Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application
  • The applicant?s passports OR say why you are unable to provide one on page 14 and supply
  • Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating the applicant?s presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period OR
  • (For applicants from Switzerland or the European Economic Area) evidence of attempts to obtain work during the relevant period
It isn't very well formatted, but what it is saying is that if you cannot supply your passport(s) covering the last three years, you need to explain why, AND supply letters from employers, etc.

In other words, you only need to supply the letters if you cannot supply the passport(s).

How's that?

paul
17 years ago

That sounds much better now! :)

Many thanks for your explanation!

Ellassa

17 years ago

Hi, Can someone help me -

As I am applying on the basis of marriage to a British citizen, do I need a letter from my employer to indicate the period of my presence?

Besides the test certificate of the life in the UK, do I also need send any other proof for my language skill?