r2mahara
13 years ago
Yes, you will need to apply for an extension to your work permit before it expires.

They should just give you a few months extension, since you will be eligible in Sept 2011.
Sponsor

amburacing
12 years ago
thank you,,but iv spoken to immigration officer yesterday,theyre saying i dnt need to apply for extension of visa,
instead i can apply ILR on 22 of june 2011.please help me to clarify this.. thanks.
redsquirrel
12 years ago
Hi Agnes

Ravi is right here, you will need to extend your stay. You need to complete five year's residence before you can apply for ILR and residence is counted from the date of your entry to the UK, not the date your visa was issued.

The UKBA have some information on how to extend your stay as a work permit holder.

You should bear in mind the recent changes to the points based system, however, as I think these may affect you. For instance, the Home Office/UKBA have reduced the number of occupations on the skilled occupation list (SOL) and approved jobs under Tier 2.

If you are here as a Senior Care Worker then you may be able to extend your stay. I think Transitional arrangement D would apply in your case. Though note that you must meet requirements such as having a salary of at least £7.02 an hour and a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor in this case.

Make sure that you haven't spent too may days outside of the UK as well. The restrictions on absences from the UK for ILR are more strict than for citizenship - don't be caught out!

As ever, if in doubt I would suggest getting professional advice from a registered immigration advisor.

I hope this helps
George
www.lifeintheuk.net
amburacing
12 years ago
Thanks for ur reply.

dm
  • dm
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
12 years ago

Hi,

My ILR is due in Oct. 2011. I am in permanent employment with UK Company. I was assigned to a site position approx. one year back. I have never been out of UK for more than 90 days at one stretch.

Total no. of days Out of UK are approx. 460, out of which max. time out is because company assignment outside UK. Business time outside is approx. 350 days.

COMPANY confirms, to provide supporting documentation for my application. There is no discontinuity of employment & always paid taxes.

What is the most probable outcome of my application, as per members experience & knowledge.

Depending in this, I need to decide, if application need to be made thru appointment of thru post.

Valuable experiences & suggestions are appreciated.

Dee

amburacing
12 years ago

Iam a holder of a 5years working permit,valid from 20/07/2006 to 20/07/2011.i arrived UK in September 8,2006.

my query is that do i need to ask my employer to renew my visa as i will be 5 years not till sept.8,2011 from then i will be able to apply ILR.

pls anyone knws about my issue kindly give me some ideas..thanks