sahmed75
  • sahmed75
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago

Good afternoon.

First of all i need explain  my brother case.

my brother  came in united kingdom aug 1994 as student visa which is issued for 6 month. he was studying as charted accountant.when his visa was expire he applied for extention the extention has been issued.he applied about 3 or 4 extention which was issued.the some of reason and family problems he wasnt able to carry on his study. and last time he applied for extention 2001 but homeoffice refused his visa for extention.because he wasnt carry on his study and he havnt done nothing special in study .he applied his appeal through solicitor. he gave his passport and all the revolant documents to the solicitor. after couple of months he havent got response from the solicitor he went there but that solicitor office shut down.  keep struggling he cannt find out where that solictor. behalf of him i did tried to find out that solictor office but its realy very hard to find out. i went  few  places as well and sending few e  mails to the different companies. but they couldnt find that solictor office. the office accutalulay satituated NEW CROSS the name of COMMIN AND CO. the solictor name was MRS COMMIN

After his visa was refused and wasnt able to contact his solictors he loast his passport and some of important immigration documents. he was very dispointed and upset.after he decieded leave the case as it is. 

Behalf of him i am his brother my name is shakeel and i came in this country a year ago. when i have seen him i feel he upset all the times i spoke to him and he told me everything about his problem so i tried to find out that solictor but i couldnt.that i have explained before.

my point is this he came in this country aug 1994 he was legal

1994   to   2001    as Legal  

2001   to   2007    as inlegal

My question is could you please guide me what shell i do to carry on his case and when he can able to apply for ILR in this country and what kind of dcouments i need to carry on his case for ILR.  

He came in this country 1994 and still here for last 13 to 14 years. could you people please tell me which is the best way to carry on his case and where is the best place to apply his ILR i am realy very worried about him.i hope so you understand me what i am trying explain to you.

i hope so i will get a good response from you.

Thank you very much

S Ahmed

Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
17 years ago

With regards to his solicitor, have you cantacted the Law Society? I believe every solicitor in the UK are a member of this organisation and they might be able to help you find the solicitor you are looking for. You can reach their contact details from the following page:

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/contactus.law

Your brother's case will require a professional opinion from a solicitor. I believe there are certain rules (something like if you spend 11 years in this country regardsless of your state you will become eligible to apply for citizenship) however you should not make an application unless it is confirmed by a professional.

E Fidan
Administrator