mrlookforward
10 years ago
Now, to be honest, this is going to be complicated and an uphill task. You will definitely need help of a very good immigration solicitor. By good I do not mean the ones that advertise on many tv channels. Many of these advisors/solicitors who advertise on tv are basically idiots who just know how to give false hopes and assurances and try to empty peoples pockets and then leave them in cold.

You will really need to establish what you are saying is true. UKBA won't just take your word for it. You will really have to prove that your brother is deaf and dumb, and there isn't anyone to look after him. If you are not going back to Bangladesh quite regularly, then the case worker could argue that there is someone back in Bangladesh who is able to look after your brother and hence he does not need to come to UK.

You will also have to prove that you will be able to maintain and accommodate him without recourse to public funds. If you do not have a good income, this will be difficult to prove.

You will really have to do some hard work to achieve what you want, but there are no guarantees. As per home office, you could always send money to your brother, get him in deaf and dumb school so he can live an independent life etc.

Now could you give more details about this

How old is your brother?
When did your parents pass away?
Where does he live? Alone? with relatives?
How often do you visit Bangladesh?

regards

Sponsor

marufahmed
10 years ago
Dear Mate (Mr. LookForward)
Thanks for your precious advice. I understand it will be a hard work to bring my brother in the UK. However, I will keep trying. Here are my replies to your questions.

How old is your brother?

My brother is 48 years old.

When did your parents pass away?
My father passed away in 1982 and mother in 2005.

Where does he live? Alone? with relatives?
He is now living with my in-law parents. He cannot live independently and therefore in-law parents are supporting him for the time being. None of my other relatives is looking after him. My in-law parents are old and no more able to look after my brother.

How often do you visit Bangladesh (BD)?
I came to settle in the UK in Sept, 2010. Then went back to BD in Apr, 2011. I again came to the UK in Sept, 2011 and still in the country.

Other info:
1. I often send money for his living.
2. I work and my wife also works. Our monthly earning is £1200 and we get tax credits and child benefits worth £1100 per month.
3. We have a council home which is a 3-bed property. It has a lounge which could be used as a 4th bed room. We have three children.
4. My wife will act as co-sponsor.
5. We cannot afford a solicitor.

I vehemently look forward to your wise suggestions in this regard.

Best wishes
Maruf

mrlookforward
10 years ago
Rather than going into all the details, I would say, it does seem like an impossible job.

As far as UKBA is concerned, he has lived without his parents since 2005, and it proves he is able to live there. In about 3 years, you have only been to see him once, and it proves you do not play any part in his lookafter.

Having a lawyer is not a guarantee that you will get a favourbale outcome, but without a lawyer you have no chance and a refusal is guaranteed.

You need to see an honest solicitor who tells the truth. You do not go and ask a lawyer to make an application, because if you do, he will just make an application even if he knows it will be refused.

You go and see a lawyer and take his opinion if its possible to make an application. I am saying this to satisfy you. I know you will not succeed.

With what I know accurately about dependent relatives rules, you have no chance whatsoever of getting your brother here.

Being duff and dumb is not such a disability that he cannot look after himself if you send him money.

Once again, if you ask my honest opinion, then let me tell you, just forget about it. You haven't got a chance.

regards

marufahmed
10 years ago
My brother had been with me and my family from 2005 to 2010 until I came to UK. He is not independent and cannot take care of himself. He needs support in everyday chores. He also needs a secured place to live. He needs me to live.
I am still not disappointed and will surely try at least once. The visa application costs approx. £1900. So, I wanted to be certain about it. But no way, I will go for it.
On a side note, how much savings do I need to show for this purpose? Do you think our earning is OK to support the application?
Thanks for your suggestions.
Best regards
Maruf
mrlookforward
10 years ago
You said he is deaf and dumb.

Surely a deaf and dumb person can use toilet, have a bath, walk, sleep, run, eat.

You live in UK, and he lives in Bangladesh. According to immigration rules, it is conclusive proof that he is NOT dependent on you for his day to day care. Day to day "chores" is not day to day "care".

If he is dependent on "you" for his care (which he is not), then why are you not in bangladesh looking after him?

(I am not being nasty, just trying to explain how it works according to rules).

You can apply for his visa, if you do not mind loosing £1900.

regards

marufahmed
10 years ago
Hello Everybody
This forum has been very useful for many people seeking immigration advice. I have recently received ILR as a spouse of a British Citizen. Now I would like to bring my only brother who is also deaf and dumb (Disabled) by born. Our parents passed away and he has none to look after him in Bangladesh. One of my relative there is very kind to look after him for the time being. I am now preparing to bring him in UK as a dependent relative by settlement visa. So, I request for your advice in this regard.
Best wishes
Maruf Ahmed