malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
Depends on how long you were out of UK if it was for many months then you might have problems. If it was for few days you might get away with giving them approximate dates. Usually Passport have all this information but I had couple of miss stamps also on my passport and was able to get it with Airline reservations and tickets.  I am not sure about the Travel Documents.  If you make a point of keeping a copy of every document you submit to the Home office, you won't have problem if they dont return your documents. Home office is famous for even misplacing passports, I just dont trust them with any documents.

Can you find out with the carier you took like airlines or something.  if you booked it with Credit Card, you can also find the date you paid or find out from travel agent if you make arrangemnets with Travel Agents.

All this information is shot in the dark but if I know the circumstances, I would have given you more specific info.

Sponsor

saramike25@yahoo.co.uk.1330535428
17 years ago
Thanks for replying to me , anyway I didn't keep a copy of my travel document and it has been long time since I have returned to the Home Office. I bought my ticket with  cash and it is unlikely that the airline can give me  an information for the journey I made 4years ago, you know how it works! I stayed for 3 weeks and I'm very sure that the time I spent outside UK  is less than a month. I have been trying to get in touch with the travel agent where I got my ticket from, unfortunately I was told the place has been sold and changed to other business. The only thing I want to know  is, if I put down  an approximate date in the application form( even  one month) would this delay  my application or do I have to contact the Home Office before filling the application form.
with regards

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
If that was your only absence from UK in the time it took to qualify for naturalisation, I don't think you'll have a problem. Just make sure that you put a note on the form saying that you took that trip in (approximate date) but that although you're sure it was for only three weeks or so, you cannot now recall the exact date.

paul

saramike25@yahoo.co.uk.1330535428
17 years ago
Hi, I was looking through the citizenship application form and I'm slightly confused. there is a question which says if the applicant  traveled  outside UK then  he/she should fill in the date/month/year they made the journey. I did travel  a few  years ago and I can not remember the date/ month and at the time  I had a travel document , but  the Home Office did not return the travel document to me when they gave me  the indefinite leave. However few people I know  said  their travel document have been returned to them with their indefinite leave.Would this affect my application in anyways ( i.e delay etc ). Thanks