• malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
you need to apply for the passport.
Sponsor

houns9@yahoo.co.uk.1330535424
17 years ago

Just to make it clearer....

You need a passport only for travel purposes (it also can be used as proof of identity). A passport is only issued to a Citizen (naturalised or by birth).

Getting your citizenship doesn't mean you need to have a passport. But to get a passport you have to be a Citizen :)

dena4u@fsmail.net.1170684972
17 years ago

I just sent my application for citizenship through NCS in Slough last Dec 5. Until now, i haven't receive any confirmation yet and my payment not debited yet except my payment for NCS fee.

Could anyone tell me if this is normal, or do i have to phone now the homeoffice to inquire about my application status. I heard some applicants got their confirmation after two days, i've been waiting for more than 2 weeks now.

helenvlok22@hotmail.com.1206733875
17 years ago
Thought as much, just wanted to check. Thanks.
houns9@yahoo.co.uk.1330535424
17 years ago

Check the status of your delivery from Royal Mails website (Track & Trace). If you don't have the reference number of your Royal Mail special delivery, then call up the NCS office and

a) Ask them the Royal Mail reference number

b) Tell them why you are calling & there has been no debit from your account.

By now you should have not only got the acknowledgement from home office but also teh debit should have taken place. The only reasons this has not happened could be either because NCS has not posted, Royal mail has not delievered or home office has not started looking at your application.

If its posted & delivered, then you will have proof of delivery from Royal Mails website.

Best wishes.

snidge2000@yahoo.com.1330535427
17 years ago

Or you might want to see my earlier post on this forum . My application was sent on Nov 29th , i received an acknowledgement today .

Regards

helenvlok22@hotmail.com.1206733875
17 years ago

I am preparing to take the test in January 2007 and I was just wondering after passing the test and sending everything off to the Home Office and I get citizenship, will they send me a british passport or do I need to apply for that after citizenship has been granted.