houns9@yahoo.co.uk.1330535424
17 years ago

That is not correct. In fact when I had called up the Home Office regarding a referee who had yet to get his Passport, the Home Office mentioed if we just write down the Naturalisation number thats fine (there is this place for passport number & Naturalisation number).

So I think you are fine with your referee's. What you heard is "Bah Humbug" :)

Sponsor

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
I agree! If people did have to be British for a certain length of time, the guidance notes would say so...

I do wish well-meaning people wouldn't make things up, just to make sure their mouths are working!

paul

gregjackuk@yahoo.co.uk.1330535427
17 years ago

Thanks both,

I'm sure you are right - I did think that it was rubbish but always good to get confirmation from someone else. Especially with something this important.

Appreciate it!

gregjackuk@yahoo.co.uk.1330535427
17 years ago

Hi there,

I am about to apply for Naturalisation and I am completing the application form. As you may know, you require two referees who are British citizens. I have one that is a citizen by birth and was going to use another who was naturalised about 2 years back. However, someone told me the other day that they have to have been naturalised for 5 years or more in order to be a referee. I cannot find any reference to this in the application guidance notes so was wondering if anyone here new of this rule, or if anyone has had their application approved with a naturalised referee?

Any advice appreciated.

Hilton