sanj007@hotmail.com.1330535429
17 years ago
it takes a few weeks to reply, my advice is to be patient, they have peaks and throughs, it maybe that they are just very busy with lots of applications being made.

This might be a result of hte changes to teh citizenship test that were due in early april.
Sponsor

hussainrp@yahoo.com.1330535429
16 years ago
Hi there - actually I have the same problem - submitted through NCS around the same date as you but no acknowledgement from Home Office.  Can see that they have signed for it via Royal Mail.  I think we are going to face a long waiting time because of the volume of applications received prior to the fee change in April. 
ecangeleri@ntlworld.com.1330535427
16 years ago

Yes that is what I was told at the NCS when I applied on 8 May, that due to the run up before the change of fees there is a backlog in the post room at the Home Office.

Mine was received on 9th May at Liverpool, and still no letter of acknowledgement, and I dont expect within the next 2 weeks either.

arsh786@live.com.1330535428
16 years ago

Hello, I have applied through NCS on 2nd March 2007. I have received acknowledgement on 19th March which was written 16th March 2007.

Thanks God......

16 years ago

Just another update - submitted on April 16th through NCS and my credit card was charged on May 22nd.  Have not received a letter of acknowledgement yet.   But it looks like this whole application process could be a long wait, especially with the new requirement of contacting the referees.  cheers hussain

16 years ago

Update:

Application submitted via NCS (EU Citizen) on 8th May

Money debited from Account on 29th May

Date of letter of acknowledgement: 29th May

Date of receipt of acknowledgement letter: 2nd June.

arsh786@live.com.1330535428
16 years ago

I have got it on 18th June 2007

http://www.lifeintheuk.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=832

16 years ago

Update:

Application submitted via NCS (EU Citizen) on 8th May

Money debited from Account on 29th May

Date of letter of acknowledgement: 29th May

Date of receipt of acknowledgement letter: 2nd June.

Date of Approval: 15th June

Date of receipt Approval: 21st June

Date of Ceremony: 18th July

mahmoud.albaba@egg.com.1330535431
16 years ago

Hey Eduardo,

Congratulations! I need to ask have you sent any extra documents with your application such as paysips, emplyer letter..etc? because I applied in the same time you did but I have not recieved the approval yet.

Thank you

16 years ago

Update: Submitted April 16th, approval letter from council on Sep 1st.  From start to finish just around 5 months.  Council gave me a ceremony date in two months time, but I paid extra and got a private ceremony the next day. 

lifeintheuktest
16 years ago
Submitted application on 17 July, and received letter from council directly for ceremony on 14th september. I had to call up HO for what happend to my approval letter. they told me that you should receive in a week time.
yw0821
  • yw0821
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
16 years ago
Hi guys,

I sent the my british citizenship application to Managed Migration Department1 by using royalmail special delivery on 11th April. Till now, I haven't had any acknowledgement from the department to confirm the receipt of my application.

Is it normal? I have checked with royalmail website. It just shows the parcel has been delivered to Liverpool delivery office. I am just getting a little bit worried now.