paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
Which country?
Sponsor

zeinab_garba@yahoo.co.uk.1330535423
17 years ago
It all depends on your country of origin. Some let you keep it i.e. dual nationality, while others say you must give up one. So if you tell us which nationality, I am sure there are enough people on this site that can tell you if you can keep both or not.
yesubabup@yahoo.com.1169063484
17 years ago

Hi

Mine is Indian passport

17 years ago

Hi

Thanks for your comment.Mine is Indian passport

Thanks 

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
India's attitude to dual nationality is well known - so far as full Indian citizenship is concerned, anyway. When an adult acquires the passport of another country, he/she ceases automatically to be a citizen of India - whether the Indian government knows about it or not.

I'm sure there are people out there carrying both passports but, IMO, they are committing an offence by carrying an Indian passport to which they know they are not entitled. And if they renew it after losing Indian citizenship, they are presumably committing another offence, by making a declaration on the application form to the effect that they have no other citizenship/passport.

I guess that it is because of this that Overseas Citizenship of India was created - not really a citizenship at all, IMO, bearing in mind that there is no such thing as an OCI passport, and the status manifests itself only as an endorsement in the passport of another country. But it is the nearest thing to dual nationality that the Indian government will tolerate.

17 years ago

Thanks a lot for the information.

Babu

17 years ago

Hi

Is any body experienced any consequenses if we keep and use the native country passport even after getting British passport.

Thanks

Babu