irispink@wildmail.com.1256680559
16 years ago

Hi,

Just have a few questions & hopefully some suggestions.  When you married in 01 did you & your husband have a band account or accounts in both your names?  You could use statements from your bank.  Depending on if you & your husband rent or own, your name should be on the rental agreement or ownership papers.  You mentioned that you receive child benefits.  Did you receive any papers showing your name & address on those child benefit papers.  Marriage certificate would probably help too.  May I ask as to why your passport was not stamped when you came into the country?

If this doesn't help, then call a visa advisor in your area & explain your situation to them & see what they can do to help.

Good luck

Ellen

Sponsor

irispink@wildmail.com.1256680559
16 years ago
that word should be bank not band.
lntko@web.de.1330535431
16 years ago

hi Ellen, thanks for response.

Before marriage we had sole current accounts, but they have all been transferred to joint accounts now. I still have my own other accounts, but when I spoke to an advisor re this matter, they said bank statements would not be accepted. All child benefit is paid directly to my daughters savings accounts, but the letters are addressed to me. All our mortage papers and deed are in joint names, but apparently that does not prove anything either, cause I could have a property here, but not physically be here (a nationality advisor told me this). As an EC national, I am free to move to any country within the EC, and do not get the passport stamped at entry or exit. Do you have any other thoughts/ideas?

lifeintheuktest
16 years ago

Kim,

That is strange that they won't accept the bank statements.  What documents did your advisor tell you that you would need for naturalization?  Won't the benefit letters help out?

How do the immigration people know that you haven't been here physically?  If they stop & think about it, it makes no sense for a married couple to be putting money into their own home & building a life in a country with their children & not be physically here. 

Since you are able to move from country to country without your passport being stamped & that is their own rule, do you have any other proof of when you left & returned.

Keep talking with your advisor, there has to be a way to get through this.

Ellen

Ellen

lntko@web.de.1330535431
16 years ago
I am an EC national, have lived in UK permanently since 1993, worked full-time from 1997-mid 2004, married UK national 01, then gave up work to be at home with baby and since had another child. Basically I have been a housewife for the last 3 years and have no proof of permanent residency to submit with my application. As EC national, I did not get my passport stamped when I entered the country. I am supported by my husband, have no income, no benefit (except child benefit), no study etc... Does anyone know what I can submit with my naturalisation application to prove I have been here last 3 years??