lifeintheuktest
16 years ago

Try posting this on www.ukresident.com/forums

Register (free) and then post the question. I'm sure one of the immigration experts will be able to answer this.

Sponsor

daniel@ckandjones.org.1330535432
16 years ago
Hi there,

My first post here and I hope that I'll be able to help you out - that is if you haven't already found an answer.

I assume from your post that you are a US national currently in St. Vincent, USA, who holds a US passport and your husband is currently serving in the UK.

Assuming the above, visiting the UK is no major issue. During your flight, the flight crew will hand you a landing card which is easy to fill out. It will ask you for details of and why you are visiting the UK; purpose of visiting the UK, passport number, your job and where you will be staying during our visit.

How long to you intend to stay in the UK? You will be given entry clearance for 3 months automatically. If you want to stay for longer, you can when visiting the UK as a visitor, up to a maximum of 6 months. I'm afraid 6 months is the maximum time you are allowed to stay in the UK. When your visa expires, you are expected to return home.

I hope you found this useful and if you want to read more about it, I highly recommend having a read of CK and Jones.org, especially their visiting the UK as a visitor section. It has details of entry clearance requirements, as well as details of the visiting the uk visa class.

Dan
lifeintheuktest
16 years ago
Hi ,
I am a national from St.Vincent whose husband is in the armed forces do I require a visa to visit him in the Uk.