mjgabriella_15@yahoo.com.1312114677
13 years ago

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum and would like to make new friends.

I am a filipino married to a british national and we are now preparing all our documents to apply for a spouse visa. We got married last April and would want to be together as as possible. Has anyone applied for a Spouse visa recently and how did it all go? Its a bit of a nerve cracking for me and my husband at the moment. We just wonna make sure that i get the visa and not waste the money. Can anyone please give us advice and how long did it take to get the visa?

Look forward to hear from you soon. Thanks a lot!

Gabby :)

Sponsor

info@ukimac.com.1305368703
13 years ago

Gabby,

Your evidence should show that you are:

both over 21 (unless your UK spouse is a member of the UK Armed forces - passport and birth certs);
are in a genuine and subsisting relationship (photos, phone bills, emails, letters of support from family and friends, mutual correspondence);
Maintenance and accommodation (tenancy/mortgage agreement, independent surveyors report is useful, bank statements and payslips, savings, offers of employment). Maintenance and accommodation are crucial aspects.

Enclose a letter listing the requirements and how you meet each one. A income and expenditure sheet will also help. The average waiting time is about 12 weeks, although some of my clients have obtained their visa in one week.smile

If you are really anxious I produce a range of eBooks on this subject; you might find the one on Marriage applications useful.

But don't rush things. Go over everything carefully; you've got the rest of your lives to look forward to. Good luck.