moibelati@yahoo.co.uk.1330535433
15 years ago

He can apply for a visit for marriage visa, which allows him to enter, marry, and then leave. All of the information should be on the Border and Immigration Authority web site. As an American citizen he can enter on the visa waiver scheme but would be advised to enter on the correct visa to avoid later problem with immigration.

More detailed information can also be given on www.ukresident.com/forums

Sponsor

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
15 years ago
Thank you for your reply, it was very helpful. We are also looking into other possibilities because real fact is that they like to go to USA and we are not sure how long it takes to get a Spouse Visa for USA. When I applied it took a day but that was back in 1985.

I thank you again. I did go to that site and got some good info.

Waheed
malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
15 years ago
Marriage Visa and Fiance' Visa is same thing so we are trying to see if the K1 Visa for USA is beneficial for us. Marriage Visa/Fiance' visa for my nephew will not work because then she will still be here and we still need to apply for her US Visa.

Thanks for your help

moibelati@yahoo.co.uk.1330535433
15 years ago

Asalam alaikum.

If your nephew simply wants to visit the UK in order to have the marriage ceremony here, then a 'Visit for Marriage Visa' will allow him to do that.

After the marriage he can then return to the US and apply for a visa for his wife to settle there with him. Should they decide to settle in the UK, he can return to the US and apply for a Spouse visa to return to live with his wife here.

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
15 years ago
I am back with a question. My nephew an American Citizen would like to get married to a British subject. So far they have just performed engagement. Being Muslim they need to get Nikah and registration.

He doesn't want to live here but want to perform the wedding ceremony here because of the bride family. I understand that legal registration cannot take place because he doesn't live here. This was not in my case as I also came here as a visitor and then when everything was done I applied for my wife and got visa for my wife in a day from London Embassy. That was in 1985, and things have changed considerably since then.

Anyways, he can apply for spouse visa but I don't know how long does it take, anyone in similar situation, please give me your opinion.

Other suggestions are welcome too. Let me know if there is an option in UK where he can enter the country legally and get married and then go. Like, is there an option for Fiance's visa.

Please do suggest other site or Forums that can help in this area.

Waheed