kerrasp@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

'The king installed himself as head of Church...' but then the book goes on to say "and the title of SUPREME GOVERNOR has been held by the King or Queen ever since.

'The King or Queen has the right to appoint senior church officers including the Archbishop of Canterbury, who is the head of the Church.'

So the head of the church IS the Archbishop.

The punctuation makes the statement clear, but if your knowledge of punctuation isn't that good, just read the book very carefully and anything you aren't sure of just ask again, we will all try to help.

Apparently some of the real test questions can confuse people like this too. Just read them slowly and carefully. I have always lived here and english is my mother tongue but when reading the book to help test my husband I found that it could possibly be confusing for some people (including my poor husband, who only speaks english). You aren't the only one so take heart. You aren't alone

It can also help if you read other peoples posts. Many questions are asked over and over again.

Best wishes

Sponsor

tkammyus@yahoo.com.1330535426
17 years ago

Thank you. This is what I thought as well, but some posts were saying that the Queen is the head of Church. Moreover somebody replied throgh e-mails saying the same thing: The Queen. So I was really confused.

Thanks again

Camelia

tkammyus@yahoo.com.1330535426
17 years ago

Please help; got my test tomorrow and I can not make it up if it is Queen/King or Archbishop of Cantebury.

The book says:' The king installed himself as head of Church...'

Then: '... including the Archbishop of Cantebury, who is the head of the Church.'

Thank you for your help

Camelia