malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
15 years ago
You and your wife are not different person to a case worker. Your interpretation is that you are not getting any housing benefit but your BRITISH wife is. I ask you if you Are living in the same household? If the answer is yes then you are getting the benefit of housing in the eyes of a case worker unless you can convince them otherwise.

Anyways, my understanding may be different and they may use their discretion but it is always up to the case worker how they are going to look at it. I have seen cases where they don't look at it favorably. My word are not final word so you should really check with immigration solicitor or talk to Home office directly.
Sponsor

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
15 years ago
Please do not create a new post, just reply to the same one this way it will be easier for people to follow it.

couple of things, when you applied for your Entry Clearance as a spouse was your wife also getting housing benefits?
Did Home office endorsed your passport for "No recourse to public funds" or something in that line?

pamendy@hotmail.co.uk.1330535518
15 years ago
No my wife was not getting housing benefit at the time and Home office did endorse my passport for "No recourse to public funds". However, there has been a little bit of misunderstanding with my wife and I had to beĀ on my own for a brief period and thats why she had to resortĀ  benefits. Can I ask her to stop the benefits now that we are back together before the start of my application process.
malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
15 years ago
This is really going in to the territory of professional advise, please contact a solicitor because I may give you a wrong answer and it may mess up your case.
15 years ago
Thanks Waheed for all the effort u've really put in to help me out. I appreciate it.
15 years ago
If I get u right, is it that the housing benefit my british wife is receiving now will not affect my ILR application