m.amir@soton.ac.uk.1307786909
15 years ago

Yes, you can apply 28 days before your qualifying period.

When you fill in your application form, you will be asked to write down the dates you were away from the U.K. You can then enter your details in that section.

Hope that helps!

Sponsor

ggs234@gmail.com.1274794610
15 years ago

In 28 days before can we apply for premium service that is home office can give with in one day they decision

Thanks

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
15 years ago
You have a very good question but I am going to deal it with care here because main thing is that you need to complete the time period so Point 1, is that you have not completed your time required so I am not sure they will give the appointment before 28 days are over. This is just my opinion.

Point 2, Just remember that you are applying for ILR, which is Indefinite leave to Remain so if I am the case worker One question comes to my mind that WHAT IS THE HURRY? Don't be discourage because I am not the case worker and why would you want to spend extra money for ILR. They may take your money and still take their sweet time. Remember, nothing is guaranteed even if you pay for premium service

Anyway these are just my opinion and do not reflect Home office policies in any case. I work with these type of papers everyday and can honestly tell you that some of the ECO's and case workers are very incompetent and heartless people.
mrmehkri@hotmail.com.1251225630
15 years ago

To come back to the original question.

1. Yes, you can apply for ILR within 28 days of completing qualifying residence for the grant of ILR - e.g. 5 years for HSMP or workpermit holders or 10 years for lawful residence etc.

2. All absences from UK have to be listed in the application form. Problem arise when absence is more than 90 days at a time or more than 180 days in a year. You don't seem to have that much absences.

3. Yes, you can apply in person too at Public Enquiry office. As per current practice, you can make appointment 6 weeks in advance. i.e if you call on 1 Oct for appointment, you could get a date upto 12 Nov, subject to availability. HO is currently not making appointments beyond 6 weeks.

I have recently taken appointment for a date which is exactly 27 days before completing the residence requirement. Though I have heard a lot about Immigration Office staff being not very competent, in my case so far, this has not been the case. But make sure that you have all the relevant and correct paper work as required for your particular application. Incomplete documentation would delay or cause rejection of your application and waste of application fee.

xiangbanner@yahoo.co.uk.1330535433
15 years ago

I got ILR in one of the PEO in person last week, 29 days before completing the residence requirement. It was quite easy.I got there at 8:30am and left the office with my ILR at 9:20am. I don't understand why you need to worry about the absences. I didn't fill any absence on my application.

param181@yahoo.com.1330535433
15 years ago

Hai

Iam about to apply for ILR in feb My doubts are

1.can I apply after completing 4 years and 11 months of stay

2.In 2005 I was in India for continuous period of 2 months to attend and help out my sick mother.How to fill that leave

regards

vijay