Sponsor

ntezouki@yahoo.co.uk.1330536373
15 years ago
Hi, European Union citizens are free fom immigration control , they do not need any visa to enter UK and they do not need any work permit. they could enter UK and the wife with a Pakistanian passport she must apply for a residence permit in Uk as she is a spouse of a EEA national living in UK .Under the EU law in Uk, there is no fee to pay in the Uk.Home office they will give her 5years residence in UK and after the 5years period she could apply for pemanent residence in UK.Good luck
malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
15 years ago
Thank you for this information but here is what I am looking for.

As the wife is a Pakistani National;

Does she need to show them that her husband can support her?
Do they need any proof of accommodation?
Do you know what is the criteria they use to issue Resident Permit for Non-EU Spouse?
Does she need to apply from Pakistan as everyone is in Pakistan?
Does he need to show that he is working in England? What do they need to see if he wants to bring his wife with him NOW!

Thanks in advance
WAHEED

15 years ago

Hi Waheed , yes she needs to show them that her EEA national husband can support her. No,they do not need any proof of accomodation , they could live in a rented flat or house in UK no need to be homeowners.

15 years ago
Hi, to issue a resident permit to non EU, she needs a marriage certificate and he has to provide that he can support her without depending on benefits in UK. he has to provide evidence of Treaty Rights in UK through employment or studying in the UK as he is EEA national who wants to live in UK.
15 years ago
His Pakistani wife could apply for a visitor visa to UK from her country Pakistan to enter legally in UK and once she will enter in UK ,she can apply for her residence in UK as she is a family member (wife) of an EEA national (German) who is living in UK . This is a way to help them enter UK together .Good luck
malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
15 years ago

My cousin and his 3 children are EU Citizens with German Passport. His wife with Pakistani Passport and no German Visa.  They are looking into settling in UK. What is the best procedure to get them here and get settled.

What would they need?  Would they be able to apply from Pakistan or just come here as a vistor and then apply for wife(with Pakistani Passport). What would be the procedure, I believe EU citizen do not pay any application fee. Can they come here and apply or do they need Entry clearance before coming to UK. I guess the only issue is the wife with Pakistani Passport as other members have German passport and shold not be a problem.  So please suggest what should he do for his wife.

I believe German made the rule that if you want to apply for German Visa you need to pass the German Language test. I guess something similar to Life In the UK test.  Anyways, if you know more about this test, please feel free to comment on it.  Like is it really aan advance test or just basic.

More info:

Husband and whole family is in Pakistan and Husband does not have a job as of yet but plan to find one when he gets here.  Will home office allow them to come and settle here and find the job or what will be the minimum required documentation and if any fee will be required.

I guess I covered evrything.  Any one in this situiation or have been through this situation, pleasee feel free to comment

tandra.paul@gmail.com.1330535518
15 years ago
ADDAB Malik Sahab,

All they need
1. A marriage Certificate.
2. Family travel Itinerary within the six month of the date of application. (one way ticket,return does not show the intention of living in the UK, which can be used as ground of refusal)

I believe the following link will answer all your query in this matter.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/ecis/chapter3.pdf?view=Binary

Wish success of your relative applications.

Thanks

:)