carlamkay@hotmail.com.1330535519
14 years ago

Hi there,

Are you in Britain at the moment, if so what visa are you on?

If you are not living in the UK you should qualify for a spouse visa, which initially allows you to enter the UK with your daughter and husband for 2 years.

After the two years you will qualify for indefinite leave to remain.

In both of these processes you can include your daughter as a dependent.

The only thing is you must prove you and your husband have been living together for at least two years and are fully committed to your marriage, this means bank accounts in both your names and post to both of you at the same address, basically no information is too much .

Please see link below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/eligibility/partnersandchildren/husbandwifecivilpartner/

I don’t see any issue with your daughter accompanying you and your husband to the UK , as she is a minor and you are her sole parent.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/eligibility/partnersandchildren/

My best advice would be to contact the British home office.

I hope this helps?

Sponsor

ivtservices@gmail.com.1330536374
14 years ago
cycity
  • cycity
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
14 years ago

I am american and my hubbie british cit.  I also have a 14 year old daughter.  My husband is not her biological father.  Her father is nowhere to be found.  We were never married and his name is not on her birth certificate.  So she is considered illegitamate.  Please read what I've underlined. 

Can I go to live with my parents in the UK as a child?
You can apply to join your parents in the UK if:

• your parents live in the UK legally, with no time limit on their stay, or they are applying at the same time as you

• one parent is living and settled in the UK or is applying for settlement at the same time as you, and has had sole responsibility for looking after you

• your parents can support you without help from public funds

• your parents have enough accommodation, which they own or live in, where you can live without help from public funds, and

• you are their child.

For all of the above, ‘parent’ includes a step-parent where the father or mother is dead, either the father or mother of an illegitimate child and, in certain circumstances, an adoptive parent.

How can I qualify to join my parents in the UK?
You, or your parent, must show that you:

A child cannot normally go to live in the UK if one parent is living abroad, unless the parent in the UK has sole responsibility for the child, or if there are special reasons why the child should be allowed to join the parent in the UK.

How difficult is this going to be?  What visas do I need to apply for?  How long does it take for them to be approved?  Do I have to have a checking account because I don't just my husband has one.  I am freaking out here thinking it might not work and we might have to get a divorce.  Am I over thinking it?  Or should I just go ahead and apply?

Thanks for you help