mrlookforward
13 years ago
Your partner will have to apply for an eea family permit from the British Embassy. This application will be based on being an unmarried partner of an eu citizen (you). Once you are both here, then he can apply for 5 years stamp, then after 5 years he gets "permanent residence" . Total time to get British citizenship will be at least 6 years in UK. But the citizenship laws will change in the future and the path could be longer.

May I ask, Are you or your spouse or both of you employed in Netherlands and what kind of Jobs will you or your spouse will be looking to do while you are in UK?
Sponsor

faisa@casema.nl.1330536374
13 years ago

Yes you may..

Since 2009 I haven't been working due to the birth of my son . Prior to that I used to work at retailor dep. as a shop assistant. Regarding my partner he is only elgible to work since last year before that he was busy studying Dutch language.Both of us are interested finding work in UK. We already have applied to some opening expecting their response.

mrlookforward
13 years ago
Well, You have intentions of bettering you life, and thats good.
But with the immigration point of view, your plan is very bad, and could have very damaging effects for you future life.

You can come to UK and look for work. Your husband can too look for work. You are an eu citizen, so you dont have a problem. But its you husbands status which matters. And by the way, in the present atmosphere its not that easy to find a job for someone who has just landed in UK.

You must be "exercising treaty rights" for 5 years before your husband acquires "Permanent Residence". You will be treating exercising treaty rights by either working or being a self sufficient person. There is a whole lot of legalities, but I dont think I really need to go there.

I dont know about dutch nationality law, but I am sure when your husband moves to UK, it will jeopardise his prospects of getting dutch Citizenship. Basically once you move to UK, your husbands time spent in Netherlands will go down the drain, and he will embark on a new long trek to getting UK Residence.

I personally think that you should be a bit patient and try your best in Netherlands. When your husband get Dutch nationality in 2 years time, then you can freely live in any eu country without having to worry about all the legal headaches.
13 years ago

I really appreciate your sincer concern .I need to reconsider all my thought and plan . I will let you know my finale decision regarding this matter.

Thanks again ..

mrlookforward
13 years ago
Yea, that would be sensible. Imagine your husband has been digging a well to get water (citizenship) in Netherlands. When he is a few metres away from finding water, he suddenly stops, moves to UK and starts digging another well to find water. Now he must dig the whole well again. Whatever he has been digging in netherlands, goes waste.

I think you get the idea what I am trying to say.

Wish you good luck.
Hope to see you in UK soon, but not before 2 years when your husband gets dutch citizenship.
13 years ago

I would be really grateful if you can provide me all sort of information and advice about me moving to the uk in short time.

I have just gone through all the threats about eea family permit . As i would like to move to the uk in july (i am a eu-citizen) with a non-eu-citizen partner, i am trying to find out what i really need to consider before applying for a visa to my partner here at the uk embassy.

My situation:

i live in netherland with my unmarried partner .we 'v got 4 kids together all of them under the age of 9. I would like to move to the uk and look for a job.my partner lived here legally with residence permit pending to be dutch citizen in 2 years period of time.

What do i have to do in order for me and my partner to move to the uk without much headache and any delays?
Is there someone could give me a genuine information regarding this matter.

thanks in advance