adeabim
  • adeabim
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago

HISTORY

I Came to the UK in 2001 and was issued a Multi-student visa.

In 2004-07 I wasn't issued a student visa because I failed to provide evidence for a Master's course but was later granted visas from 07-2010 (Didn't qualify for Masters at the time)

PROBLEM

I was asked to appeal within 21 days in 2004 but withdrew the appeal late and the case was summarised as an "out of time appeal" by the Tribunal. (As I withdrew the appeal few months later)

Based on advice, I started another degree course from 2nd year in 2005-07 but the Home Office held my passport for 2yrs and kept telling me my application was valid. I finally received breakthrough when I applied for a Master’s course in 2007 and was then granted a visa for both Masters and Post Study Work visa from 2007-2010.

THOUGHTS

I think I am eligible for ILR next yr Jan and worried that there might be a break in residency according to Home Office rules. Does it mean that the periods I wasn't granted a visa from 04-07 would classify as a break in residency plus the out of time appeal case mentioned earlier despite living and studying in England legally for 10yrs ?

I would be happy if you can be of any assistance to me or point me to any positive directions.

Sponsor