redsquirrel
13 years ago
Hi Oz,

When you say your application do you mean an application for ILR or to extend your stay? A summary of the key changes forthcoming can be found here.

The UKBA have published guidance on the Tier 1 route which has information about transitional arrangements on page 11. There's also the page on Transitional arrangements for the HSMP if this applies.

My personal suggestion would be to apply now - if you are eligible to. Tier 1 will be drastically reduced after 6 April 2011 so it would be best to get in before the restrictions apply to you.

George
www.lifeintheuk.net

Sponsor

redsquirrel
13 years ago
Hi Oz,

I posted too soon... I've come across this document about transitional arrangements for the points-based system as well.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/aboutus/reports/soi-tier2/tier2-soi-transitional-measures?view=Binary

George
www.lifeintheuk.net

JJ_57_2011@hotmail.com.1322409584
13 years ago

Hi,

I mean an extension of my Tiear 1 visa. it seems, all changes are relate to the new tier 1 application. Is there any specific issue which might impact extensions? do new cap limites apply to extensions ?

Kind regards, oz

JJ_57_2011@hotmail.com.1322409584
13 years ago

Hi,

I have a Tier 1(General) visa expires on 11th of May. I was planning to do my application in April but totally confused with 6th of April changes.Is there any change which might impact me ? Can I apply in April or Do I need to wait until last 28 days ?

thanks, oz