manyaonisland
12 years ago
I can tell you about the payment

Payment - as you are going PEO route you can pay on the day in the PEO with debit card.

for whom you should have book the appointment
well i know that you can be there without your dependents present i.e if you are having dependents included in your application then they need not to be there but if you have you wife applying and you just want to accompany her then i am not sure whose names would you add to the appointment. I would recommend calling Immigration booking telephone number and confirming.

hope this helps.
Sponsor

vimal
  • vimal
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
12 years ago
Hi,

Regarding your questions,

Ans:1:

In the UKBA website its says"Please do not send us your application more than 28 days BEFORE you become eligible to apply." so i dont understand how 2 days after her visa runs out still falls under 28 days rule? but it DOES SAY "However, you must make your application BEFORE your current permission to stay in the UK expires." ----If i was you , i would call the UKBA guys everyday to check for any cancellation and advance your date OR postalroute. Will not risk with the HO.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settlement/

Ans2: I don think YOU can pay beforehand , i have always been through the premium route and you have to fill the method of payment in your application and pay at the time in the office.Answer to your question YES you can pay at the office on the day.

Ans3: This MIGHT(MIGHT) depend on the particular HO...My wife came along with me and she was not registered or anything ...and i think it will only make it better if you have your spouse with you as they want to see you guys are still together isnt it?

Hope this help.

vimal
pugsley1470
12 years ago
Next month my wife is applying for her ILR after having lived here for just over 2 years on an FLR..................we have, kind of, decided on opting for the premium service and applying in person but 3 things are bothering us and making us think that maybe we should apply by post instead.........they are

1. The 28 day period...........her Visa runs out on 11th July 2011 and her appt for the premium service is 13th June 2011.........this is RIGHT on the 28 day rule and we aren't sure whether they count the first day......she has had an email confirming her appt which would make you THINK that all is ok, as it would be stupid to confirm the appt and then on the day say 'oh, you are outside the 28 days'.............but with the HO you never now how they think

2. Can we pay on the day via Debit Card............i have seen two sites and one says you have to pay two days in advance and the other says you can pay onsite after checking in with reception

3. The email says 'only the person/persons registered for the appointment will be seen'..........should she have resistered ME when appyling or is it just her that needs registering as she is the applicant?..........the paperwork we have seen suggests that only applicants and applicants dependants need to be registered, but again its not made 100% clear......i know i have to be there with her but not sure if we should have put my name down 'officially'

I have written to a 'Settlement Checking Service' and they have said they can check all the documents etc etc but if these 3 questions can't be answered then i think we will probably cancel the appointment..........IF you can, i'm not even sure if you can because, as yet, we haven't managed to get hold of anyone official to speak to

Thank you for listening...........any advice appreciated