lifeintheuktest
16 years ago

Welcome Essexlad

Should have applied in 2003 ( as you mention you got ILR in 2002) as there was no test and fees were low. Anyway,

1. The HO says it takes 6 months. However, through NCS, I got it in 2 months. That too, becz I got the police verification request.

2.Depends how recent the CRB check is. But no harm in sending it.

3. Depends again on how recent your police report is but no harm. However, if applying through NCS, they may or may not accept this document as their training does not demand this.

4. I don't think you should mention this as you have not had a judgement against you or visited the court. Why complicate matters ?

5. I applied through NCS Wales. I hope someone can advise you about Barking but being around London, there are plenty of these. But the £70 they charged me was money well spent.

6. Yes, you have missed out one as told to me by NCS. Infact, this was the first question they asked. ' Do you have a letter from your employer about future job security ?' But then I applied through work permit. It may not effect you as you may have made the application through a different category but they DO like to know if a future citizen is gainfully employed or is likely to be a burden on their system.

The admin is M Fidan and you should be able to find him easily.

Hope all this helps

R Gupta

Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
16 years ago
Hi, its Essex lad again,

well on i received a letter dated 31st October which acknowledged that they have received my application. But i made some mistakes with the bank bank details so i had to fill in the form and i sent it back to liverpool by registered mail..and after couple of days that money was deduced

Guess what?

Our humble home office have gone AWOL without a single word...in other words they are just silent even though i submitted enough materials that would have made they job much easier and quicker..its only a matter of them verifying if the info i provided in the above mentioned documents was accurate.

I am not so keen on it as looks like i have more issues that i have prioritized such as writing my university thesis but this naturalization thing has become a classic nuisance and the wait is really excruciating!

Now does anyone know if i should call and check out the status of my application or i should just chill and wait ? coz if things were perfect this should have not taken this long in my opinion

And no I am not an Intl student, i am a refugee who got ILR in 2002 so the chances of me telling them i have a job lined up would be a lie since i am a full time student!

I mean today is December 18 and January is just around the corner
lifeintheuktest
16 years ago
Hello folks

This is ESSEX LAD again

I would like to thank this website for its very informative approach and would like to let people know that i got my citizeship approval in the end of last month and of course attended the ceremony in Barking on 4th

Now I am in the process of applying for my first UK passport

I am told i have to send original citizenship certificate, Travel document and two photos

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the passport?

ohh by the way post office claim to want £82 instead of £2

I am not being stingy but why do they have to swindle us like this?

ANOTHER QUESTION:

I want to change my names does anyone know what are the procedures? I cant be bothered with having names that sound like a terrorist

I am doing it for my own life and future

Jobs and career comes first to me while matters of faith will always remain private so why should i jeopardize my future simply because i have an Arabic name?

I am actually changing them all
regimechange05@gmail.com.1330535431
16 years ago
Hello folks all that i wrote few mins ago has been wiped out! told i was guest tried to go back to retrieve it but nothing so this is my second time i am posting again..phew!

Anyway this is a fantastic webiste and i wish owners did something about getting Adverts or oeven open up a paypal account

Anyway here is my situation

Got my ILR in January 2002
Did and passed my test in June 2006
Based in Barking,Essex

Now here are my questions:

(1) How long does it take to get a reply after applying?

(2)CRB Check
I did a volunteering with the Victim Support Unit at the Court service and they had to do a CRB check which came back Clean and one copy was sent to me. Should i send it to HO with my other docs? U know they normally do their own Checks but I thought i should ask

(3)Police Report:
I also paid £10 to the police in which my report came clean should i send this report as well?

(4) CCJ

In 2002 I failed to pay my utility bills on time and got told by the court to pay in small installments since i was unemployed(NOTE: I did not go to the court but i was able to respond through their special website in which i requested to do that)

Not sure if that would constititue to CCJ if so would that affect my naturalisation application even though i dont have criminal records?

I have called and asked the HO and they suggested that should just be an additional info that i can declare in that blank page, while on the other hand other people have told me i shouldnt declare that since it can be used as a pretext for a refusal and the most important thing is i dont have CRMINAL RECORD and thats what matters...so I am in LIMBO now so can anyone advice?

(5)NCS-Barking

I am told this one of the worst in London when it comes to appointments so can anyone recommend other NCS in London that might give me a fster appointment?

(6) CHECK LIST

I have the following check list and do i need to do another one?

1Travel Document

2 ILR letter

3 CRB check letter from CRB

4 Letter from University

5 Police Check Letter

6Test Certificate

7Driving License(Provisional)

8Rent Contract letter

NB: can anyone tell me who the ADMIN OF THIS WEBITE IS AS I HAVE AN pm I NEED TO SEND TO HIM/HER