redsquirrel
12 years ago
Hi Bilel,

To answer your questions in order:

• You apply for ILR two years after you entered the UK, so October 2011. Check the UKBA page on applying for ILR as a partner.

• You will need to apply using form SET(M). Check this post for more information. The guidance notes for the form will tell you what documents you need to send.

• If you are asking which is more likely to succeed, neither application is 'better'. Postal applications are cheaper and mean you don't have to go to a Public Enquiry Office but you have to wait for a response. If you apply by post make sure you use the Settlement Checking Service.

• Unless your English certificate is from an approved joint ESOL/Citizenship qualification from an accredited college, yes. If you are not sure check this post about ESOL and the Life in the UK test requirement.
    If it's just a general ESOL certificate without citizenship, you have to take the test unless you are exempt for any of these reasons. Note, if you later apply for citizenship you will have to take the test unless you are under 18, over 65 or permanently incapable of taking it.

• Check Form SET(M) and the guidance notes - I would guess that you don't, but you may need to provide her passport number and other details.

• I don't know if she would need a new passport - I suspect yes, but if her name has changed then she would need a new passport anyway. It is a legal identity document so if her name has changed by law it would make sense that she has to update the documents.

I hope this helps
George
www.lifeintheuk.net

Sponsor

absoulout-tn@hotmail.fr.1396729540
12 years ago

hi

ive got spouse visa for 2 years and 3 months which will expires in dec 2011 and i came to uk in oct 2009

so : -when do i have to apply for ILR.

- Which paper work specifically needed?

- do i have to send all the papers work and documents for the whole 2 years?

-which is better to do : applying by post or by person?

-do i need to set the life in uk test because i do have an english certificate from a college.

- do i have to send my wife s passport along with my application.?

-does she have to change her passport into her marriage name as she has not done that yet.?

thank you