billy76
  • billy76
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hi Everyone !!!
I and my fiancee are concerned about my eligibility for a spouse visa knowing that I am a Non-European currently a postgraduate student and I am working part time which delivers an income of around 400 pound a month. My fiancee's income is 350 pound a month and she is currently disabled and on benefit -She is English.
According to the HO guidance available on their website, we fulfilled all the requirements except the maintenance requirement as our joint income is very low 750 pounds a month.
However, I am not sure that the following information could help: I have a saving account of 10.000 pound with Santander in UK and the equivalent of 25.000 pound in my saving account in my Country in North Africa split between Local Currency and Euros. In Addition, I have my own house back home that is worth the equivalent of 70.000 pound and I have recently signed an internship contract with an international company based in USA, UK and Germany. This is a 6 months contract to prepare my master's thesis in their office in Germany and they will be paying me 400 Euros a month the equivalent of 350 pounds a month.
My fiancee's dad who owns two houses jointly with his wife -my fiancee's mum- has promised her to write a support letter in case we need it knowing that he earns above 30k pounds a year and has savings as well.
Please let me know if this could be helpful to fulfill our maintenance requirements as my fiancee has been looking for a job for quite a while and it looks to be really hard to get one these days. Moreover, I hope you could help us with a sample support letter that my fiancee's dad will need to write in support to our case.

Thank you very much in advance
Sponsor

mrlookforward
12 years ago
My friendly advice would be to seek professional help from a good reputed oisc registered immigration advisor or a solicitor who is expert in immigration. With the situation you have mentioned, it would be a totally terrible and bad idea to embark upon this project just by asking questions online and trying to do a DIY job out of a complicated matter.