markmahendran
12 years ago

If your wife and children are applying for spouse visa from India. They have to show that:

1. Marriage is still subsisting 2. You are capable of maintaining and accommodating them without recourse to public funds (You must show your income details and banks statements to establish that you would have surplus after the regular expenditures (e.g rent/mortgage, loans utility bills etc). 3. Your wife must get through the relevant english test.

thank you

M Mahendran

Sponsor

smanoj77
  • smanoj77
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago

Thank you for your input Mahendran. So, there is no paarticular amount of sum that I should retain in my account during their application. They are living with me presently and my salary is our sole income. So, I suppose my current income status and expenditure details should suffice.

My wife is a graduate from India and she has done a masters course over here in the UK. If I am right, that should exempt her from the english test.

Thanks again for your input.

mrlookforward
12 years ago
Having passed Masters or Phd or any other qualification from India or Uk or any other country in the world will not exempt her from the requirement of passing Life in the UK test.
smanoj77
  • smanoj77
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago
I understand that. We both are taking it next month. I meant the english speaking test.
mrlookforward
12 years ago
Never known of any "english speaking course" to be a requirement under immigration rules ever. Would help if you download the relevant forms and guidance from UKBA website and read as to what the requirements are. Please don't go just by hear say.
smanoj77
  • smanoj77
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago

Hi guys, need some advice please.

I'll be applying for my ILR end of this year. My wife and daughter plan to apply as my dependant from India.

Does anyone know how much I should show as maintanance fund in my account when my wife and daughter are applying?

Thanks in advance.