lifeintheuktest
10 years ago
In the above post, the ILR was based on 10 year residence if that makes things any better to answer.
Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

I would be very grateful if someone can answer my above query and whether I could use the settlement checking service in my situation to apply for my wife's settlement visa or is it only for people with spousal visa of a British or Settled Resident. Because my wife has PBS dependent visa currently.

Thanks
AR

charles5480
10 years ago

Yes you can, provided that your application is straight forward.

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

We can help to guide and advise you to find the best solution at the earliest. Please contact us on mail id  visainuk@yahoo.co.uk 

Kind regards,

OISC Approved Immigration Advisor

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago
Dear All,

I would be grateful for any advise below.

- My Wife was granted a PSW dependant visa in April of 2009,

- She arrived in the UK in April 2009.
- Later I got a tier 2 visa and she also receive the Tier 2 dependant visa followed by our extension or Tier 2 in July 2012. Tier 2 visa and dependant visa is valid until Aug 2014.
- She has lived in the UK continuously since April 2009 except a few visits shorter than 6 months.
- I received my ILR last week (June 2013).

- I consulted a solicitor before applying for my ILR and he asked me to apply her visa at the same time for ILR but I was a bit reluctant as I was not sure about the rules. He still claims that my wife is eligible for ILR as she was my dependant before 9 July 2012 and has already finished more than 2 years.

I am really confused as to what I should do, shall i go ahead and apply for ILR ?

One of my friends was in a similar situation and his wife received ILR as well.

Please help me with this.

Thanks
Kind Regards,
AR