mrlookforward
11 years ago
The only Intra company transfer migrants who get ILR,  are those that were granted visa under the rules in place before 6th April 2010.

Since clearly you were granted after this deadline, you will not be eligible for ILR at any time in future. Your current visa can only be extended for another 2 years, and thats it, the end of your current route.

You could explore the possibility of getting a Tier2(general) visa. Check out the UKBA website for the requirements, and see if you are be eligible.
Sponsor

imbikramghosh
11 years ago

Thanks.

Many people have told me this. However, the current policy for Tier 2 states as follows in point no. 28:

Applications for Leave To Remain

below:

28. If you are already in the UK and were last granted leave in one of the categories listed

Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer: Established Staff), under the Rules in place before 6

April 2011, ........................

AND

You have not since been granted leave to remain, entry clearance or leave to enter in

any other route;

you can apply to extend your stay in the Long Term Staff sub-category and are

exempt from the Long Term Staff sub-category rule regarding the total length of

stay of 5 years. .................

Questions:

What is the meaning of 'exempt from the Long Term Staff sub-category rule regarding the total length of stay of 5 years' ?

imbikramghosh
11 years ago

I was granted a Tier 2 visa Established Staff visa in Dec 2010 and have been in the UK since then. This visa expires in Dec 2013.

Need help on the following questions:

a) Is it correct that this visa can be extended ONLY for another 2 years?

b) If yes, what happens after that? Will I be eligible to apply for an ILR? What are the other options to continue working and living in the UK?

c) I travel outside the country for pleasure and business. I understand that there is a cap on the no. of days I can be outside the country during this 5 year period. If yes, what are the restrictions?

d) For ILRs, do I need to show a good bank balance in the UK? If yes, what is the minimum amount required.

I request guidance on the above. I tried to gather this information from the Home Office website. However, rules have changed frequently and everything appears vague to me.

Thank You.