malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
Depends on how they will enter UK, if they come as visitor, their visa will expire what will be given at teh port of Entry.  Multiple visa for 2 years or 5 years does not give them right to live here for more then six months. Most visitors visa will expire withing 6 months.

If you can show that they are dependent on you then you might be able to sponsor them for settlement.  For which you must show that you have been supporting them and no immediate relative is in your own country to look after them. This becomes easier if they are over 65 but main thing is that you should be supporting them from here and they do need document  to prove it.

Hope this helps.  Others may be able to add more to it.

Sponsor

ellassa_liu@hotmail.com.1330535427
17 years ago

How can I show that I am supporting them?

To be honest, I need my parents to live with me, not because they need my support but because I miss them so much!

If I can prove that my parents and I can support ourselves without relying on any public resources, can my parents come and stay here longer than 6 months?

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
This make it little more complicate then extent of my knowledge, I guess Mr. Pron may be able to suggest you something but as far as supporting your parent is, that you are sending them money regularly and no one else can take care of them in your home country, same as I mentioned before.

You may also contact a solicitor who may have to present your parent case to the authorities.

Waheed

17 years ago

Hi, Waheed

Many thansk for your help.

I still don't understand why there are still so many requirements for my parents to come and live here if they can prove they don't need any other support from this country???

Anyway, come back to the topic. Waheed, do you know how much money do I need to send to my parents to show that they need my support? How often do i need to do this? once per month? Also, more important, if they are not going to use the money but just save it. will it be acceptable?

Looking forward to your soonest reply!

Ellassa

houns9@yahoo.co.uk.1330535424
17 years ago

Please check this site. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1006977149962

Does anyone know how long a person can stay with EEA Family Permit?

Purpose of visit : "Family Members (non-EEA) of EEA / Swiss national"

Country of Nationality : <parents nationality>

Current Location : <country where parents are>

When I selected it for my parent who is Indian & is in India, I got the following result.

"You asked if a national of India needs a visa to come to the UK as a non EEA/Swiss family member of an EEA/Swiss national.

If you are an eligible family member you need an EEA Family Permit. Eligible family members are defined in the EEA Regulations as:

• the spouse of an EEA national, excluding a person who is party to a marriage of convenience
  • a descendant (child or grandchild) of an EEA national or his/her spouse who is 21 years of age or is their dependant (this includes stepchildren or adopted children)
  • a dependant in the ascending line (ie parents or grandparents) of an EEA national or his/her spouse

A Family Permit is similar to a visa, but is issued free of charge to eligible family members of EEA and Swiss citizens. It allows you to travel to or stay freely in the UK with your EEA family member.

From the options, select
houns9@yahoo.co.uk.1330535424
17 years ago

Another question, if a Naturalised British Citizens parents come to the UK on a visitor visa, and within the 6 month period (say after 5 months) the visitor leaves the UK, can they come back immediately (say in a weeks time) if they hold a 10 year multi entry visa? 

For example:

1. Parents take 10 year multi entry visa to UK

2. Parents take Schengen visa to Paris

3. Parents enter UK and after 5 months go to Paris for 3/4 day trip.

4. Parents re-enter UK from Paris

5. How long can they stay in UK now?

5a) 1 month only (since they have already stayed for 5 months)

5b) 6 more months (as visa is multi entry and for 10 YEARS)

Which one is correct 5(a) or 5(b)?

PS : Ofcourse it need not even be that complicated and parents simply return to home country and come back in a week.

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
I do not think that your becoming a British citizen will make any difference either way to how long they can remain in the UK.

Immigration Officers are always alert to people attempting to "top up" their visit visas by the completely transparent ruse of leaving the country for a while and coming back again on a new visit. It doesn't work, and could have an adverse effect on future visits.

Sorry

paul
malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago

I previously wrote the answer but I think
it was lost somewhere.  Gist is what Paul has written but remembers that
Immigration officers are not obligated to let you enter the country unless they
are fully satisfied that you are genuine visitor. Someone who goes out of the
country for a day or two and returns is not considered a visitor unless it is
for a short stay.  The actual visa is stamped on your passport when you
enter at the port of entry. Immigration officers do question you more if you
return after a day or two or even a week. I doubt very much if you ask for Six
month they will issue you six months visa twice consecutively. Most visitors
have some kind of business in their country of residence. If I go as a visitor
I usually spend a week or two or a month, no more then that.

Basically it is your responsibility to show them that you are a genuine visitor
and not abusing the visa facility. My uncle had a multiple visa for 10 years at
one time but he only used it three times and staying less then a month on each
visit.

17 years ago

Can they stay in the UK longer than 6 months?

Or in what circumstance they can stay longer than 6 months?

Really miss them so so so much!pls help!