starfish2011
12 years ago
Hello,

I am originally from Lithuania and I have applied for UK naturalisation on the bases of living in UK since 1999. I have arrived to the account with my mother and claim asylum and we were granted temporary residency until our case was being looked at. With Lithuania joining the EU in 2004 our case was closed and our passports were returned. I am graduate of UK school and have a year at University, however had to leave my course due to financial difficulties and get a job. My first employer (in 2004) did not make me aware of the fact that I need to be registered for EU worker registration scheme. I have always had a National Insurance number and was never asked to provide a copy of the WRS.
I have now applied for UK naturalisation, however got a letter from the Home Office asking for a copy of the worker registration certificate. As the scheme is now closed I am not able to register for it now and I am left completely confused on what do to next as my application will not be taken further without it. Is there anyway that I would have been exepmt from it?
Any advice on the case would be really helpful.
Sponsor

sylwiawaw
12 years ago
Dear Madam,

Exemption from registration applied only to people who were self-employed, those already in employment on 1 May 2004 and family members of other then A8 nationals. It is worth mentioning that WRS applied only to workers.
I reckon that as a student you should be in better position then non EEA nationals and therefore able to secure permission to stay under regulations/directive. 

Immigration and Legal Advisory Services ILAS (LLP) is an immigration firm based in London offering services such as legal advice and representations to UKBA and Tribunals.

Should you need professional assistance or advice at any stage of the process, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We can assist with entry to the UK, extension of stay, permanent residency, regularization of stay and citizenship. We also have an extensive experience in removal and deportation cases and can request for administrative review/reconsideration of decisions, appeals, process applications outside of the rules based on compassionate ground and offer assistance to those in detention.

Our devoted and fully qualified team of in-house lawyers and ex immigration officers, experienced caseworkers and advocates caters for corporate and private immigration applicants and appellants both in the United Kingdom and worldwide.

Please visit our website at www.ilas.org.uk for detailed information about our services.

You may also ring us on (44) (0) 208 539 6611 or alternatively email us on info@ilas.org.uk or ilas@btconnect.com.

Kind regards,                                                                                                           

Sylwia Wawrzynczak

On behalf of ILAS (LLP)

Immigration and Legal Advisory Services

Nelson House

341 Lea Bridge Road

London

E10 7LA