jonny
  • jonny
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
Hi,
I've spent the last few weeks trying to contact someone at the UK Border Agency - something I now consider to be impossible.  I hope someone can take the time to read this brief outline and help me.  

My query is:
if my partner has entered the UK before 9th July on an EEA Family Permit Visa, what is the next Visa we need to apply for?  I would like to apply for indefinite leave to remain, but the UKBA website is somewhat, and perhaps intentionally, confusing and contradictory, hence posting here.  
To sum up

About me:
I'm a UK national (English).  I am in full-time employment and have a permanent contract to work in the UK.  

About my partner: 

He is here on an EEA family permit which will run out in October. 

About us:
We are married/have a civil partnership, which we celebrated in Madrid, Spain, a few years ago. 

My question:
He has an EEA family permit visa - what do we need to do next so that he can get the permanent right to settle/right of abode in the UK? 

If someone could leave the links/names of the correct application, I'd be really appreciative. 

Many thanks,
Jonny
Sponsor

clairec22
11 years ago

Hi Jonny

See you posted this in Aug last year, we are exactly the same, married in Alicante, EEA permit to come to live in UK and been here 3 years.

Did you actually apply for right to remain? how did the application go?

trying to find some info and cant seem to get anywhere!

Thanks

Claire