paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

One of the requirements for naturalisation is that you must have been in the UK for the twelve months leading up to the date of application without having a time limit on your stay.

In most cases, this means having an endorsement in your passport or travel document saying that you have "indefinite leave to remain". Sometimes this is written in a letter from the Home Office, instead of being stamped into the passport.

Can you say what your immigration status is in UK? And do your wife and children have the same status?

paul

Sponsor

usman_dero@yahoo.com.1330535425
17 years ago

Thank you , Paul my status is ILR grant of asylum and my family Indefinite leave to remain same me .

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
Thanks - in that case, I think you can apply in August next year, including minor child(ren) in your application.

And your wife can apply immediately you have your own certificate in your hand, because she will then be the spouse of a British citizen, and eligible to apply after three years UK residence, without having to wait the normal five years.

Alternatively, you could all wait until your wife can meet the five year requirement, and apply together. This would delay you and the children, but would save a couple of hundred pounds...

paul

usman_dero@yahoo.com.1330535425
17 years ago
Hello dear friends helpers , I came uk on september 2002 and claim asylum seekers then the same day the immigration gave me the permission to enter uk for 6months after that I passed my interwiee  who the Secretary of State recongnised as a refugee as defined by the 1951 Geneva convention on May 2003 . Then on february 2004 my family joined me  in uk as family reunion  . So I would like to know if can I apply for me and my family in next year on August 2007 because my five years in uk is end and my family is in uk  3 years and 8 MONTHS . Yours Sincerely.